What is the Mac IP address
Find your IP address: Your digital address on the Internet
But where can you find your IP address in the home network? Most people probably know their postal address and phone number by heart, but many of them are completely unaware of their own IP address. In some cases, however, it makes perfect sense to know your own local IP address. Especially at Network connection fixes is often asked for this address. Knowing your own IP address is also helpful when setting up new network connections in the home network manually. There are different ways of finding out what your home network address is in the different Windows versions and in macOS. Here we show you the procedure for the individual operating systems step by step.
Find the IP address under Windows 7
The Windows operating system is updated regularly. The procedure for finding out your own IP address is partly the same in the various Windows versions and only differs in details. If you Windows 7 you can find your IP as follows:
- Use the search function in the start bar and enter "Run" in the search field.
- The Windows application "Run" opens automatically.
- Enter "cmd" here and confirm your entry with Enter.
- The command console will now open automatically.
- Now enter the command "ipconfig" directly in the console and confirm again with Enter.
- In response to your input, the operating system will now provide you with an overview of all connections.
- You will see many different addresses under the name of your router (e.g. Telekom, FritzBox, AVM or Kabeldeutschland).
- Next to the entry "IPv4 address" you can find the individual IP address that the router has assigned to your device.
Find the IP under Windows 8
Work with us Windows 8 and wondering how to find out the ip address? Similar to Windows 7, you can proceed with the practical command line command "ipconfig". It's that easy:
- In Windows 8 you can open the Run application with the key combination [Windows] + [R].
- Enter "cmd" in the application and confirm with Enter or the OK button.
- The command console will now open.
- To find your IP address, enter the command "ipconfig" and confirm with Enter.
- You have now queried the network connections of your device under Windows 8.
- Now search for the name of your router and read your IP address under the entry "IPv4 address".
How do I find my IP address in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is the current version of the Microsoft operating system. There you have various options for finding out your local IP address. The first method is already known from Windows 7 and 8. Here you use the command console and the "ipconfig" command. Just follow these steps:
- Click on the search magnifier next to the Windows start icon in the start bar.
- Enter the command "cmd" in the search bar and select the search result "Command Prompt".
- Now the command console opens, in which you enter the command "ipconfig" and confirm with Enter.
- Under the results, look for your own local IP address in the IPv4 address line.
In the second method you don't have to use the command console. Windows 10 offers you practical ways of finding the IP address with just a few clicks. Proceed as follows:
- Open the system settings.
- You will now be presented with a number of options. Select “Network and Internet” here.
- Here click on the entry "Show network properties".
- Search for your IPv4 address among the connections that are now displayed.
Find your IP address using a Mac
Your IP address can also be queried on a Mac. So if you are wondering, "Where can I find my IP address on my Apple device?", Here's what to do:
- Open the system settings.
- Click on the network.
- An overview window opens.
- The green marked network connections are active.
- You will already find the associated IP address in the details area on the right.
The future of IP addresses
With the current IPv4, around four billion addresses are available. Given the rapid growth in devices in recent years and the ongoing trend, this is no longer sufficient. Therefore, the change to IPv6 will take place in the future. Thereby the range of addresses increases many times overso that there will be enough addresses available for users and devices in the next few years.
IPv6 has been available for a number of years, but the various companies involved in the Internet are only slowly adapting the new technology. It would be high time now. Especially with regard to the Internet of Things (IoT), the Ipv4 addresses are more than scarce. Until then, subnetting is used to connect devices to the network. However, you can already use the methods presented here for your View the IPv6 address in the network settings.
- Which college offers bachelor statistics program
- What percentage of our mind is unconscious
- What did Greek mythology do
- Why is the American media demonizing China
- How do I learn SEO 2
- Which color goes with dark gray upholstery
- Was Mary a Protestant or a Catholic?
- What are the cons of using Ethereum
- What temperature should the chicken be cooked at?
- What is the capital of Palestine
- What animal has no legs?
- Let's meet God after death
- Why is stoicism poisonous
- Why does nephrotic syndrome cause high blood pressure
- Does subliminal weight loss work
- Why couldn't Yugoslavia remain united like Italy?
- What is the best SMS autoresponder
- Malaysia is becoming a more fundamentalist country
- What happens to time when we die
- What do Malaysians think of Jho Low
- What will happen to the Conservatives of Never Trump
- Why does God not punish bad people
- Could birds fly on Mars
- What is the best bike for delivery work
- Are grape seeds healthy to eat
- What is an expat who lives in Yangon
- Which country taxes its citizens the most?
- What Causes ALS Disease Symptoms
- How was the Roman Republic founded
- How do I convert CSS to HTML
- Why are some old people so childish
- What is 1 lakh
- How do insurance companies deal with piles of cars