When was the book of Revelation written?
The revelation of Jesus Christ through John
The Book of Revelation was written by the apostle John around 94-96 AD on the island of Patmos, to which he was exiled under Emperor Domitian. This book is the culmination of the divine revelations of the scriptures. It is the book of completion, just as Genesis is the book of beginnings. In heavenly visions the Holy Spirit shows how God Almighty, through Jesus Christ, carries out all his counsels, fulfills all his promises and prophetic words to the people of Israel, to the church and to the Gentiles, brings the judgment of wrath on the sinful world and finally his salvation is completed in the new heaven and the new earth. At the beginning Jesus Christ, the exalted and glorified Son of God, is shown to us in his judicial authority (chap. 1). Then prophetic messages of the exalted Christ to his church follow, represented by the seven churches in Asia Minor (chap. 2-3). These messages expose the church's deviation from the divine path and its decay and exhort the faithful remnant of believers to abide by their Lord and His Word. In chap. 4-19 the realization of the end-time judgments and the kingdom of God unfold in a series of visions. They refer to numerous ancient prophecies, without whose knowledge the book of Revelation remains incomprehensible. The conclusion is formed by the final judgment on all people who have died in their sins and, like Satan and his angels, are cast into the lake of fire for eternal punishment (chap. 20). For the redeemed, a time of perfect peace and indescribable glory begins in the new Jerusalem (ch. 21). At the end of Revelation (22:17) there is a serious admonition to every reader to seize salvation in Jesus Christ while there is still an opportunity. “Yes, I'll be coming soon! Amen. - Yes, come, Lord Jesus! ”(22:20).
- Why is humanity more important than religion?
- What are mind-blowing facts about Malaysia
- Why is email marketing important
- Why is B2B important to small businesses
- What drugs can make sex more exciting?
- What's your favorite brownie recipe
- How did your hometown get its name
- Has modernity ever really ended?
- What does it mean to rate rubrics
- Can a person with heart disease quickly
- Can the sterilization be reversed?
- Which country taxes its citizens the most?
- God can do what he wants
- Tomatoes cause gout and other health problems
- Will Saudi Arabia survive
- What do schools have to understand
- Has China joined the world war?
- How does AdSense send you money
- What happens with singularity
- How has Thailand's junta influenced tourism
- How can I cure cancer
- What do you think of Ahmadi Muslims
- What were the powers of the Roman emperors?
- Why are arguments a subjective term
- What is the most powerful weapon
- Shine com is a reliable site
- What can fingerprints show about a person?
- What's wrong with being superficial
- What does Stanford Business School cost
- Is cricket a dying sport
- What is the best brand of wigs
- I can strangle myself
- What is qi chi
- Why do we use adjective