What is the difference between why and why
What is the difference between a pandemic and an epidemic?
Hello dr Mo
At the moment, many experts are throwing technical terms around. Luan doesn't even understand the difference between a pandemic and an epidemic.
Like many, Luan is confused and hopes you can help him.
For a long time, a lot has been written about the new type of coronavirus, which is in technical termsCoronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is called. It's not always easy to classify. No wonder you're confused. We experience that many people become infected with a disease within a very short time that can spread so uncontrollably.
If this happens within a certain area, we speak of an epidemic. The novel corona virus originated in a certain area in China. If the outbreak had only happened there, it would have remained an epidemic.
During an epidemic, everything is done to bring the situation in the area under control to prevent a disease from spreading further and subsequently affecting other countries. For this, infected people are found and then have to be isolated, where they can be cared for and treated if necessary. This means that they are not allowed to have contact with other people so that they cannot pass the virus on.
People with whom infected people have already had contact are also tracked down and asked to be quarantined. The isolation or quarantine lasts until either the patient has recovered and can no longer infect anyone, or until it is clear that the contact person has not infected an infected person. This works if the number of infected people is not too large and the number of previous contacts remains traceable.
People are used to traveling privately or professionally, and within a very short time we can be in a wide variety of places. We call this globalization, among other things. That's great, but unfortunately it makes it easy for viruses like Sars-CoV-2 to spread across national borders and continents. Experts believe that it is possible for a highly infectious virus to appear on the other side of the world in just 48 hours. If that happens and a worldwide spread of a disease occurs uncontrolled within a very short time, then there is talk of a pandemic. This is currently also the case with the new type of corona virus.
Various measures have already been taken in many countries to contain the pandemic. Germany and other countries had initially issued a worldwide travel warning and many countries had closed their borders so that the virus would not be brought into the country from outside.
Stay healthy and preferably at home
Your dr. Mon
- Hiring Google lazy people
- What does data mining include
- Why does the 2nd amendment disappoint people?
- What are black grapes good for?
- How does a submarine nuclear engine work
- The downfall of the United States is inevitable
- What is the GMAT score for INSEAD
- Is life a dream or a reality
- How do you reject a null hypothesis?
- How old is cricket as a sport
- How popular is the Chevrolet Camaro
- Should adults play video games
- Micellar Casein is Safe
- What is a newsletter marketing strategy
- Can we trust science
- How are supermarkets designed
- What are WordPress Ads
- How do you say find in Portuguese
- What are the different types of windows
- What is the most realistic FPS game
- What are the lifelong employment contracts
- How do social media help SEO
- How can I learn to swim myself?
- What's wrong with hong kong
- What are western family values
- Women reach orgasm during sex
- Can John be a girl's name
- Is Saudi Arabia really crime-proof
- How much does crypto currency cost
- What training advice should never be followed
- What does Syabu mean in Malay
- What's the next big innovation in immunology
- How are background checks of the apartment rent carried out
- How can I get 50,000 coins