How can you make cookie dough thicker?
Nothing can go wrong with this Christmas biscuit recipe: The butter biscuits to cut out are an absolute classic and are guaranteed to be a success!
Looking for a good, simple Christmas cookie recipe to cut out? Here it is! With our biscuit dough for butter biscuits, the classic Christmas bakery is sure to succeed - perfect for baking with children or the last minute bakery.
Simple Christmas cookies to cut out are extremely underrated in my opinion. Sure, I also want to bake a few new creations every year. A cookie plate without a “cookie cutter” is still missing something ... In many families there are well-tried Christmas cookie recipes. This cookie dough is made from shortcrust pastry our Classic from grandma. And, with small variations, has been used for decades for all kinds of sorts (for example chocolate biscuits, Easter bunny biscuits or heart biscuits). No wonder: The simple one Basic cookie cutter recipe always works. The result will be wonderfully crumbly. The taste is wonderfully buttery. And last but not least, the Christmas cookies look simply beautiful and varied - for example, by decorating them with icing and colorful sprinkles, brushing them with egg yolk or just dusting them with powdered sugar.
If you want to bake quick Christmas cookies, you can't avoid a good base dough. This one can be prepared with cold butter or (like grandma's rascals) as a stirred shortcrust pastry with soft butter. The dough is the perfect basis for Baking cookie cutters with children. With the little ones, make sure that only one part is processed at a time. The remaining shortcrust pastry stays in the refrigerator for now.
Tips for the cookie recipe to cut out
I usually make double the amount - so the butter biscuits last a little longer 😉. Here are a few more tips to ensure that nothing goes wrong with the basic cookie recipe. If you like, you can also read through my large shortcrust pastry guide, in which I also answer many typical questions.
The cookie dough will not be smooth but crumbly
It often helps to either continue kneading or to rework by hand. Caution: Kneading for too long is not good either! If the dough seems too dry overall, you can add a tablespoon of ice water.
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
The cookie dough crumbles when you roll it out
Immediately after the cooling time, the dough ball is still very hard. Let it reach room temperature for a short time and then knead again briefly. If the dough is crumbly when you roll it out, there may be too little fat in the dough or too much flour on the worktop. Better to use a silicone baking mat or roll out the dough between two layers of foil.
The cookie dough is too soft
Leave it in the fridge longer and / or add a little extra flour, tablespoon at a time.
Bake cookie cutters for how long and at how many degrees?
I recommend 175 degrees top and bottom heat and about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness. If you want to bake several trays at the same time, you can also use 160 degrees convection
How long can the butter cookies be kept?
If they are well cooled in a resealable tin can and stored in a dry place, about 8 weeks. Slightly shorter with glaze.
Besides this Cookie dough to cut out I make vanilla croissants, cinnamon stars and shortbread cookies every year. And if things have to be particularly quick, there are the 3-ingredient biscuits without egg. The gingerbread cookies to cut out are also great. Let me know in a comment what your absolute must-haves are in Advent!
Simple cookie dough
- Put the flour and sugar in a bowl. Add the butter in small pieces and the egg and knead into a shortcrust pastry. Shape the dough into a large ball and wrap in foil and cool for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees top and bottom heat. Halve the dough ball (one half back in the refrigerator) and roll out on a baking mat or lightly floured work surface. Cut out the cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Do the same with the second portion of dough. Knead the leftover dough together again and again and cool again briefly.
- Brush the biscuits with a whisked egg yolk if you like (see tips). Bake until golden for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness. Let it cool down, remove it from the tray and decorate it with icing, decorative sprinkles, etc. (see tips).
- The cookie cutters taste delicious on their own. If you want to decorate it additionally, you have many options:
- Before baking, brush with a whisked egg yolk and decorate with (baking) sugar sprinkles as desired.
- After baking, let it cool down and sprinkle with icing and sprinkle with sugar decorations.
- Alternatively, carefully melt the white or dark couverture and use it for brushing. Instead of completely covering the cookies with it, you can just spread fine chocolate lines on it.
- Do you live in Tasmania, Australia
- Who will love me unconditionally
- How do I read computer specifications
- Why is education important 5
- Why are magnetic fields invisible
- You can wear sterling silver in water
- What happens if you accept cookies
- What can change the resistance in a circuit
- What should everyone know about gardening
- What are space-time crystals
- How can you earn money with automatic blogging
- What do you get when you are patriotic
- How does the love life strengthen the community
- What is NDTV's WhatsApp number
- Canada has a lot of immigrants
- What problems does West Virginia face?
- Is Brooke a girl or boy name
- Is the time constant or relative 1
- How do we say appreciation in Japanese
- Dominoes is a game of skill
- What does middle class mean to you
- How soon before Trump is indicted
- Why do so many people hate you
- What exactly is a miasm