Why did Google shut down Google Answers
Thoughts on Answers Closure + Yahoo! wants Google users
The reason for the closure should first be clear, the whole thing was simply no longer acceptable for a large Internet company like Google. The participation and the traffic left so much to be desired that the whole thing could even run on my server without any problems. A mere 800 people regularly dealt with answering questions.
In addition, the service was never integrated into the Google account, it had its own login. This is because it was Google's first product outside of web search - and at the time, an account or even the huge network of today was not considered at all. Unfortunately, Google also forgot to promote, link, update, integrate Answers - nothing happened.
How much Answers has led a niche existence is also clear from the comments distributed around the news sources, many users did not even know that this offer even existed. I had known it for a few years, but I called it up maybe twice - it just didn't add any value.
The question now is why Google is really stopping this service. Why not let it run alongside? It cannot be server and traffic savings. Rather, I think Answers is getting in the way of a new big product that could wipe it out. The Answers market got moving this year with the recent entry of Yahoo !, Microsoft and Lycos, and Google will certainly not miss it either.
I could imagine that at the beginning of next year a product will be launched that is able to generate answers automatically - at least to a limited extent. Schmidt said that Google would like to focus entirely on its existing offerings and core business in the next year. And as the saying goes, when one door is closed, another opens somewhere.
So I see the end of Answers more as an opportunity and an indication of new products. The closure now seems strange and rash, but in a few months we will understand the decision and think it is good 😉
»Online petition: Google Answers has to stay
Yahoo! takes advantage of the closure of Answers to advertise his own offer:
»Yahoo! wants Google users
Subscribe to the GoogleWatchBlog newsletter
- Malaysia is becoming a more fundamentalist country
- Can Canadian companies recognize UK degrees
- How do you reject a null hypothesis?
- Statisticians use calculus
- How was your shopping experience at Shop101
- Dropshipping All reliable dropshippers in Europe
- Why are bananas yellow
- When is a wall not a wall?
- What's your favorite thing to do in Singapore?
- How does Singapore make money
- Where can I sell my collector's plates
- Are related to New Zealand and Hawaii
- 42 is the ultimate truth
- What's your favorite premium gaming chair
- What is 1 joule of electrical energy
- Why is neutrino research important
- How is your relationship with the roommate
- Racism in the Vietnam War
- Tourists can visit Mumukshu Bhawan in Varanasi
- What happens with singularity
- Is Quora busy with Chinese
- Indians can become Jvzoo partners
- Who wants to be poor
- How do you sharpen a fluted knife
- What is Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- What Makes UX a Compelling User Experience
- Is Penang in Australia
- How are photons created
- What are Japanese eating habits
- What is the one millionth digit of pi
- What do you think about mother's day
- Are There Any Benefits Of Nicotine
- What are some professional certification partner programs