Is fast food really bad for you
Fast food: to be consumed with caution
Fast food also includes pizzas and ready-made salads. All of these dishes are prepared in no time and fill you up quickly. In addition to the ingredients - usually a lot of fat and salt, little fiber - and the way it is prepared, the way in which it is eaten is typical: a fast food meal is not enjoyed in peace, but is eaten quickly, often while standing, walking or in front of the computer . Fast food has gained in importance, especially for working people during the short lunch break. But children and young people also love the uncomplicated form of food in addition to the taste.
Deficiency symptoms from too much fast food
The "classic" fast food usually lacks vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Fat and salt content are usually particularly high. That is why fast food is held responsible, among other things, as a contributor to deficiency symptoms. Those who only eat fast food are eating too one-sidedly and can suffer from deficiency symptoms in the long term.
A scientific study also showed that frequent consumption of fast food for four weeks not only led to weight gain (energy intake increased by an average of 70 percent). The enzyme serum aminotransferase (ALT) was also greatly increased, to levels that are otherwise only measured in people who drink high amounts of alcohol. ALT is an indicator of liver damage. A moderate approach to fast food therefore seems appropriate.
Fast food is not necessarily unhealthy
But not all fast food is the same as fast food. Ingredients and quality can vary greatly depending on the product and method of preparation. It is therefore very difficult to make a general statement. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) advises - if it has to be fast - to use fast food products that contain as much grain as possible, such as bread or pasta, fresh vegetables, fruit or salad and little fat. There is little objection to a baguette topped with not too fatty cheese, tomatoes and a lettuce leaf. A Chinese vegetable and rice pan or a doner kebab with turkey, vegetables and yogurt sauce are also acceptable as high-energy main meals. Fast food meals that tend to be low in vitamins should always be balanced out with a vegetable snack, fruit or fresh juice.
Tip: If you can hardly ever eat in peace at lunchtime, you should take the time for a leisurely meal in the evening and on the weekend. Because slow, enjoyable food is healthy and contributes to relaxation.
- Qatar is part of the UAE
- How popular is China in Indonesia
- What are economic resources
- What are the housewife's problems
- What does MMCS mean in the Navy
- Ultimate Guide to Starting the Amazon FBA Business
- When do you know that advice is bad
- Are you aware of yourself 1
- What is 2 5 faculty
- Love Indians Marathi and Maharashtra
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about itching
- Gun control saved lives
- What organisms live without oxygen
- How is the INSAID Data Science course
- What is the value of ln 0
- Why do we eat every day
- Why is 9 considered the largest number
- How much money do quotes websites make
- How can I lose fat again
- Can you help me cure psoriasis?
- Why do people make problems
- How do I connect OMDB in R.
- What is the next social network
- How much human intelligence is inherited