Smoking two cigarettes a day is bad
Good news and bad news for party smokers
28.11.2017 - As a "party smoker", Tobias is eyed jealously by some people: How does he manage to smoke on certain occasions and then "switch" back to non-smokers in everyday life? Of course, it is mainly people who regularly take up cigarettes themselves who would also like to smoke “only occasionally” - like party smoker Tobias. We have good news and bad news for Tobias - and everyone who would like to be like him.
Good news for party smokers ...
First the good news: Those who manage to smoke only on very specific occasions and otherwise do without, are probably either not or only slightly dependent on tobacco (you can do the test here). It can, but does not have to stay that way. Many people who smoke regularly today have also started smoking at parties. Over time, the "opportunities to smoke" have increased in their lives and gradually developed regular smoking patterns.
A typical scenario: something in life changes. This can be a new challenge, for example, such as a change of residence or a new group of colleagues or friends. Or you get into a private crisis. The "party rule" is then quickly broken and many people turn to cigarettes in other life situations. The occasion becomes the rule and the occasional smoker becomes the regular smoker.
But wait, we're still on the good news: Those who - as we have seen - are not yet or only slightly dependent on tobacco have every opportunity to stop their smoking behavior. According to the motto: It's better to stop when it's still easy. In other words: the sooner the better.
... and "bad" news
There is a second reason for this and that brings us to the bad news for occasional smokers: even occasional smoking is clearly harmful to health. The risk of cardiovascular disease increases significantly from just a few cigarettes per day - mainly due to the increased carbon monoxide level in the blood and the resulting poorer supply of oxygen to the body. Even small amounts of cigarettes promote the development of arteriosclerosis - a disease in which the blood vessel walls constrict and harden. But the risk of cancer increases with just a few cigarettes. There is no dose of the carcinogenic substances in the cigarette below which smoking would be harmless. Burning tobacco produces substances that have been shown to be carcinogenic or are suspected of causing cancer. Little smokers have a higher risk of cancer than non-smokers.
Now tackle the quit smoking
Our tip for all “occasional smokers” is admittedly no surprise: stop smoking as soon as possible. Some of them may have difficulty quitting even though they rarely smoke. To find out what helps to overcome this, see Methods to quit smoking.
- How can business help the world
- Telekinesis is the most powerful superpower
- What is the name of the phobia of the grapes
- Well underestimates you for happiness
- Is it Safe to Eat Sushi?
- Is demonization affecting the Indian economy?
- Is cricket a dying sport
- How can hidden cameras be recognized?
- Get bloggers paid on Instagram
- What is penny investing
- Is it a bad thing to be too honest?
- Why is full employment important
- How do I install RStudio correctly
- How do people justify communism
- What REALLY happens to my recycling
- Will the dominance of Wordpress CMS continue
- There is a force without a source
- What are HR departments doing
- Joe Rogan took steroids
- Can you live on the minimum wage
- Is Thailand a good travel destination
- Is Jordan Peterson correct about IQ
- How do I improve your online sales
- Which state has the area code 211