How often do you paint your walls
Painting walls correctly - the best tips
There are a few tips to keep in mind when painting your walls. We have put together the most important information for you.
Tip 1: paint walls with the right materials
- It is best to use high-quality lambskin rolls, a telescopic stick and several smaller brushes and rollers. Also, remember to get quality paint.
- You should also use masking tape and foils or appropriate carpets that protect sockets, doors, light switches and your floor from the paint.
Tip 2: cover everything before painting
Before painting, you should of course close any dowel holes.
- Cover the entire floor with the carpet or foil. Ideally, you should fix the film or carpet with adhesive tape so that it doesn't suddenly slip and the color can go wrong.
- Then use the masking tape to mask off all the walls that you want to paint in different colors. You may need a spirit level for this if you want to leave a margin. Also tape off sockets, door frames and light switches.
- If you want to paint all the walls in the room white and one wall in a different color, mask them off accordingly and then run the white paint generously over the adhesive strip. This way you ensure that the strip adheres well and does not leave any blobs of paint when it is peeled off.
Tip 3: stir the paint and prime the wall
- You should always stir the wall paint thoroughly first. This is how you prevent lumps. It is also important to strip the roller on a grid so that the paint is evenly distributed on the wall.
- You should use a primer, especially if you are dealing with an old lime paint. You can tell by pressing your thumb on a firm wall and rubbing it. Does your thumb have white residue? Then you need a brush with which you first clean the wall. Then use Tiefengrund before you start painting.
Tip 4: first paint the ceiling
- Start by painting the ceiling in each room, as this will lead to more and more splashes of paint that can unintentionally spread to the other walls.
Tip 5: paint white and colored correctly
- If you are dealing with woodchip wallpaper, it is best to paint it criss-cross, as this is the best way to distribute the paint over the uneven wallpaper.
- Especially when painting bright colors, you should paint as evenly as possible and rather help with a small brush, because this is where the criss-cross painting is most likely to be noticeable.
- In any case, you should remove the tape when the paint is still wet. This is how you ensure the best result.
Tip 6: two things are not always better
When painting a wall, it depends on the color whether you should paint over it or not.
- If you are dealing with a white wall, the first coat is sufficient. A second coat of paint could falsify the result. In the worst case, streaks form.
- With a colorful wall, you can rarely avoid painting it again. You should only do this once the wall has dried. The reason: When the wall is wet, you simply do not see how much paint the wall has actually absorbed.
- Basically, it is best to always buy colored paint ready-made, as mixing paints yourself can lead to unsatisfactory results. The reason: the color usually darkens on the wall.
Tip 7: Brush over wet areas
If the paint has not yet dried properly, you should continue painting.
- If you repeatedly brush a piece over the wet areas, you will prevent unsightly stains when exposed to light.
- Also, always finish painting an area, because once the walls have dried, the color difference is usually very clear.
- It is best to use a telescopic pole so that all areas are evenly painted. This helps you not to exert varying degrees of pressure on the wall.
Tip 8: first paint the corners
- When you have painted the small corners around the radiator, light switch, sockets, door frames and windows, you can devote yourself to the large areas.
- That way, you don't have to pay as much attention to the corners and make sure they are already painted clean. For the finer points, buy small brushes. Pay attention to the high quality here to ensure that it doesn't lose all of your hair on the first coat.
Video tip: Draw an apartment floor plan with software
If you also want to repaint your radiators, we will show you in this tip how it works.
- What problems do overweight people have
- Violates listening to the 4th change
- How water is conserved in hilly regions
- Who does Canada's debt belong to?
- What happens to stolen laptops
- Support Palestine and Syria Kashmir
- What is your opinion on humanoid robots
- Should a girl call her boyfriend baby
- In which direction should the front door open
- Why do I happen to crave fast food
- Why can I no longer vote on the answers
- Like YouTube money per view
- Is D Mart cheaper than Big Bazaar
- What happens if osteoarthritis is left untreated
- Like white boys, black girls
- What is your favorite vocabulary
- Why is Affiliate Marketing Dead
- Is English enough to survive in Germany
- What do you think of Quora moderation
- Will my eating disorder ever go away?
- What is the difference between rice and pasta
- What is the psychology of happiness
- Who is your favorite fictional TV character?
- What does DSB mean in the text