Use US SWAT teams AK 47
Do elite US military units use Kalashnikov weapons?
The subject of the Spiegel article is the AK47 designed in 1947 which, as this article suggests, is now viewed as somewhat out of date and inaccurate.
Caliber: 7.62 vs 5.56
The AK47 uses a 7.62 × 39mm round.
Under US influence, NATO switched from 7.62 x 51 mm to 5.56 x 45 mm to reduce recoil and improve rates of fire.
Recently, this policy has been reversed somewhat as the 7.62 round is seen as more effective in current conflicts.
In other words, some U.S. military units would prefer to revert to the older, heavier caliber, which is effective at greater distances.
However, there are a very large number of assault rifles made in the US and Europe that accept larger caliber ammunition - so this alone is not a reason to use AK47.
The US armed forces include a large number of units that have been referred to as the elite. The mirror's claim is therefore extremely vague.
Navy Seals use a variety of assault weapons, including
- Colt M4 carbine
- Fabrique Nationale FN Minimi
- Fabrique Nationale FN SCAR (Mk 16 / Mk 17)
- Heckler & Koch HK 416
- Heckler & Koch HK 417
Heckler & Koch HK MP5 (and many variants)
Chinese type 56 AR
The last of these is an AK47 clone. There are reports that the seals purchased China-made AK47 clones (but not the Kalashnikov-made units).
BOTH US NAVY SEALS & FINLAND CHOOSE NORINCO stamped Type 56 AKM rifles.
The AK 47 is a gas-powered 7.62 × 39mm selective fire assault rifle that was first developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov. The SEALs have the AK 47 in their inventory for a variety of missions. It's one of the most reliable guns ever made and is a great choice when you need to swim a gun across the beach.
It's not too surprising
Some special forces can be trained to pick up and use weapons dropped by their enemies. Therefore, they can buy such weapons at least for training purposes.
Some special forces have access to an enormous range of weapons to choose from depending on the type of mission. The AK47 may be just one of the dozen (if not hundreds) of different types of rifles available to them and can be used on occasion.
- Which Pokemon should I develop
- Does the constitution differ from constitutionalism?
- Can seizures cause muscle weakness
- Why doesn't my Steam client open?
- How is weight loss possible
- Why do guys feel weak after sex
- Why are Singaporeans so superstitious
- What does IVF cost in India
- Must eat protein every day
- What does bocchi mean in Japanese
- What is immunotherapy
- Why do people hate Leonardo DiCaprio
- Can we survive without money
- How can we practice exhibitionism
- What is the Boostrap Paradox
- Why is there chaos in Hong Kong?
- Like many women on Quora, they don't like feminism
- What is obsolete in the Singaporean culture
- Unemployment is acceptable
- Is it not justified not to eat vegetarian or not?
- Small bananas taste better
- How does the Ebola vaccine work
- Is 40 years old or young
- Does darkness exist