What color is the Bosphorus
Water on the Bosphorus suddenly changes color
June 17, 2017 | 5:44 pm
The residents of Istanbul are amazed. That's behind it.
The water of the Bosporus has changed its color in the past few days - from the usual blue to turquoise. This phenomenon in the strait between Europe and Asia is due to an explosion of plankton in the Black Sea, researchers said on Wednesday. This is not threatening, but a blessing for the anchovies, which are popular with the Istanbul people.
"This has nothing to do with pollution," said Hacettepe University environmental scientist Ahmet Cemal Saydam to Dogan News Agency. Rather, the bright turquoise is a result of the strong reproduction of the microorganism Emiliania huxleyi, Ehux for short. This is an alga that is found in the oceans around the world and plays an important role in the ecosystem.
Current satellite images from the US space agency Nasa show that in addition to the Bosporus, large parts of the Black Sea have also turned turquoise. Nasa also attributed the phenomenon to the algal bloom. Ehux flowers can span vast areas. The reason for the discoloration of the water is that the tiny particles reflect the sunlight and thus make the sea appear in a milky turquoise.
The current weather
wetter.at on social media
- Will blood cancer ever be cured?
- How to say visit in Chinese
- How different is Kelantanese from standard Malay
- When and how did Australia achieve independence
- What is Amazon Influencer Marketing
- Can Instagram ruin your life
- What is the best small business opportunity
- Which are the international airports in Malaysia
- Why is Thailand still a developing country
- Does trade policy affect trade balance
- How are pain relievers made
- Are Nigerians racist towards Indians
- Onions grow all year round
- Is D Mart cheaper than Big Bazaar
- Why does my dog not understand English
- What's your favorite K-pop band
- Would you like to learn Chinese 1
- What do you think of cloud games
- How do you solve this square circuit
- What is Facebook's Intellectual Property Workers Rights
- Is economics a good major
- Do US tariffs really affect China?
- What is MicroStrategy Online Training
- Which newsletters do you pay for