Can fool your eyes
Books: "Eye Illusion" by Silke Vry
Optical illusions can be encountered anywhere! Need proof? Here you go: the moon is always the same size when we look at it from the earth. At least in theory.
Next time, when the moon has just risen, make sure it stands briefly over the houses. How big does it look then?
And what is your assessment when you look for him in the starry sky later that night? It then looks much smaller than when the moon rises! Although in reality, of course, its size does not change.
Why it is like that? You don't know for sure. When comparing with the houses as a reference point, the eye probably draws different conclusions than when the moon is in the middle of the sky - with the many, smaller-looking stars around it.
You can test this yourself. Simply use a pair of compasses to draw two circles of the same size and 0.5 centimeters in diameter on a piece of paper.
Around one circle you draw circles that are larger than 0.5 centimeters at the same distance. Around the other there are circles that are smaller. And? Which middle circle looks bigger now?
Many artists also use what nature seems to show. You are playing with our perception! Photorealism draws in such a way that it looks like a photograph.
The Mona Lisa is famous for the fact that it always seems to be looking at the viewer. And many pictures are confusing at second glance, even though everything looked logical at first.
In her book "Eye Illusion - The Tricks of Artists", Silke Vry shows impressively how your eyes can deceive you.
Using many famous paintings and other examples, she lets you discover illusions, make tests and explain the background to them. True to the motto: research, play and understand.
Silke Vry: Eye Illusion - The Tricks of Artists, Prestel Verlag, 19.95 euros
You can find more books here:#Subjects
- How to open a JSON file
- What are the types of meaningful existence
- What if you drink water?
- How should I start a food blog
- How do you start your day
- Which Canon camera should I buy?
- How can I wake up at 3 a.m.
- How do you apply rules to rules
- How do I become a fashion blogger
- Can you sleep in hotel lobbies overnight
- What is there to love about China
- What is the greatest thing that has ever been learned
- How can I start building a website
- What is considered bad manners in Malaysia
- May girls men under 54 years of age
- When did you decide to work online?
- What is the best YouTube marketing example
- How much does the earth bend the light
- How powerful is the German military
- What is your opinion on section 377
- What is the Alibabas Affiliate Program
- What is the state intervention
- 511 5 is a good amount
- What is the climate in climate change