How to sharpen serrated kitchen knives
Information on sharpening cutlery knives
In our article on the subject of knife sharpening, the sharpening of knives is discussed in general, or rather the sharpening of knives with a smooth edge. Bread knives or cutlery knives have to be treated differently from the topic. For knives with corrugation / serration, i.e. most cutlery knives, special tools are required for sharpening. In the home it is therefore almost impossible to sharpen cutlery knives without major investments. Various tools or whetstones can be used in the home for knives with a smooth grind; this is not possible when sharpening cutlery knives.
Sharpening cutlery knives is a very special topic for us too. Since the manufacturers of cutlery knives use different wave profiles, several tools are necessary. These tools require extensive investments so that not every grinding company can sharpen cutlery knives. The second difficulty is that sharpening cutlery knives is always a compromise between sharpness and appearance. Because cutlery knives not only have to be sharp, they also have to look good.
What we do:
When we sharpen cutlery knives, we always consider this compromise between appearance and sharpness. Since we do not have all the wave profile tools either, we are guided by the wave profile that has been ground in up to now. As a rule, we have the right or a similar tool so that sharpening cutlery knives is not a major hurdle for us.
Our request to you:
If you would like us to sharpen your cutlery knives, please provide further information. If it is very important to you that the cutlery knives look very elegant, then we can take this into account. If you do not provide any information, we will use the look of the knife as a guide. Especially with very elegant cutlery knives, we make sure that this elegance is retained. If the cutlery knife is even slightly scratched, we usually polish the scratches out of the metal.
In our references you can read that we have already sharpened many cutlery knives. If you are toying with the idea of having your cutlery knife sharpened, please have a look at the references.
Please also read:
Degrees of hardness
- The salary in HPE is revised every year
- What is the ultimate goal of SpaceX
- How is food in Uganda
- What makes us racist
- What makes Subway cookies taste so unique
- Why should I visit Mecca
- Is the tail of a shrimp edible
- Every complex number is an imaginary number
- Will Brexit make Britain bankrupt?
- Why are you so beautiful and smart
- What is Beginner's Guide to Blogging
- Who invented tic tac toe
- What happened after World War II
- Why is spam so salty
- What is the importance of mathematical economics
- How often do you paint your walls
- What's so bad about Fox News
- Ships from Amazon to Puerto Rico
- Why should I choose digital signage software?
- How much water do our oceans have
- Are Chinese more patriotic than Americans
- What happened in your life today
- A space shuttle carries people
- What are the requirements for learning SQL