Why is Canadian health care bad
Which countries have the best healthcare?
Neither Canada nor Japan cracked the top ten countries with the best healthcare for 2015. The United States ranked a modest 35th place, and Germany ranks 20th behind Greece. This is the assessment of 195 countries under the direction of Professor Christopher Murray from the University of Washington in Seattle (Washington State, USA) with regard to health care.
The researchers evaluated the data from the health systems of almost 200 countries from 1990 to 2015. The results can be found in the specialist journal “Lancet”.
Andorra performed best, followed by Iceland (2nd place). Spain (No. 8) and Australia (No. 6), Finland (No. 7), the Netherlands (No. 9) and the financial and banking center of Luxembourg were among the first 10 countries. France still achieved 15th place. Among the nations with more than one million inhabitants, the best ratings for 2015 went to Switzerland (3rd place overall), followed by Sweden (4th place overall) and Norway (5th place overall) ).
Of the top 20 countries on the list, only Australia and Japan (No. 11) are not in Western Europe, where virtually every country offers some form of general health insurance.
Differences get bigger
The researchers calculated the Healthcare Access and Quality Index based on the number of deaths for 32 diseases that could be avoided or treated effectively. In this way, the experts also tracked progress that each nation had made compared to 1990.
Almost all countries have improved over this period, but many - particularly in Africa and Oceania - have continued to lag behind others in providing basic services to their citizens.
With the exception of Afghanistan, Haiti and Yemen, the 30 countries at the bottom of the ranking were all in sub-Saharan Africa, with the Central African Republic having the worst health care coverage.
"Despite improvements in the quality of health care and accessibility over 25 years, inequality between the best and worst countries has grown," said Christopher Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics at Evaluation at the University of Washington and leader of the consortium of Hundreds of experts who contributed to the report.
Country wealth does not always mean good health care for residents
In addition, he added in a statement that the standard of primary care in many nations is lower than their wealth and level of development would suggest.
Asia showed the least improvement in Indonesia, the Philippines, India and tiny Brunei, while in Africa the health care systems in Botswana, South Africa and Lesotho were in great need of improvement. The authors named Oceania, the Caribbean and Central Asia as regions with health systems that were below average in relation to wealth.
Among the rich nations, the US had very high per capita spending compared to others. Nevertheless, people there did not always receive established treatments that would have been available for a corresponding disease. Within Europe, Great Britain was well below the expected level.
"Overall, our results are a warning sign that an improved health system, with improved access to health care and quality, does not necessarily have to go hand in hand with a higher level of development," said Murray.
Between 1990 and 2015, South Korea, Turkey, Peru, China and the Maldives had made the greatest improvements in health care for their populations.
The 32 diseases for which death rates were tracked included tuberculosis and other respiratory infections; vaccine-preventable diseases (diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus and measles); multiple forms of treatable cancer and heart disease, and maternal or neonatal disorders.
Source: medicalXpress, Lancet
- What are your goals for 2020
- Foreigners can open a bank account in Germany
- Why should I join FLAME University
- What are some examples of psychology test questions
- Is digital marketing more beneficial than traditional marketing
- May contain censorship revolutions
- How do you say in Tagalog
- Why do people like to correct others?
- Plastic shoes cause cancer
- How was ancient Roman concrete made
- How does NASA send astronauts into space
- Threatening to shoot someone, a crime
- IQ-related questions should be banned
- What is Amazon dropshipping
- Are natural resources vital to the economy
- How was your first day on Quora
- What happens during dehydration
- What are some good website buying Rudraksha
- What is right from today's point of view
- What is Facebook's Intellectual Property Workers Rights
- Are the Philippines a part of Asia?
- Why should Donald Trump be charged
- What are the cons of using Ethereum
- Squats help with burning belly fat