Which meal has exactly 500 calories
Lose weight Intermittent fasting 5: 2 - This is how the diet works (+ 8 recipes)
Intermittent fasting has been the weight loss trend in recent years. We took a closer look at the 5: 2 diet, in which you fast 2 days a week, and put together the most important things for you, including recipe suggestions.
Fasting is an integral part of human genes. Even our Stone Age ancestors were dependent on getting by without food for long periods of time. Evolution has therefore endowed humans with an extremely adaptable metabolism. When our ancestors lived in abundance, more was eaten. The human body stores energy reserves at such times, which are mobilized again in periods of hunger.
What is intermittent fasting?
During long periods of fasting, however, the body tends to permanently reduce its calorie requirement by switching to the starvation metabolism. With strict diets, this means that on the one hand it becomes more and more difficult to lose weight and on the other hand the well-known yo-yo effect occurs as soon as you eat normally again.
In the various forms of intermittent fasting, the duration of the fasting intervals is chosen so short that the fat metabolism should be boosted, but the body does not (yet) switch to starvation metabolism.
There is a lot of hype and attention for intermittent fasting. Although there are still few human studies, the evaluations of the previous data from animal and human studies also indicate that the DGE has done so (German Nutrition Society) to beneficial effects not only on weight loss but also on general health(1,2,3,4) down.
How does 5: 2 intermittent fasting work?
In addition to the 16: 8 intermittent fasting method, in which you fast 16 hours a day and eat in a time window of 8 hours, the 5: 2 diet is one of the most popular time models for intermittent fasting. Fasting is done 2 days a week. On these days, women should consume around 500 calories and men should consume around 600 calories. This should prevent the breakdown of the muscles and the lowering of the basal metabolic rate.
Also interesting: Intermittent fasting and muscle building - that's how it works
It is important that the two fasting days are not one after the other and that a balanced diet is observed on the remaining days.
- Maximum 500 calories in women and 600 calories in men on fasting days.
- The fasting days are allowed do not lie one behind the other.
- On the non-fasting days should be balanced diet become.
Reading tip: Here is an overview of the most popular intermittent fasting methods. In addition, in this article you will find all the basic rules of a balanced diet.
The benefits of the 5: 2 diet
- In principle, 5: 2 intermittent fasting is one very flexible shape Intermittent fasting, as the days of fasting can be chosen freely.
- The basal metabolic rate is not lowered by the small meals on fasting days and it does no yo-yo effect.
- So will also no muscles reduced.
- The autophagy(Mechanism of cell purification) is funded.
- Due to the positive effects of short periods of not eating on blood pressure and choleser levels, Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- A balanced and healthy diet is essential on non-fasting days no waiver necessary.
- You learn better Distinguish appetite and hungerwhich affects overall eating behavior.
What can i eat? - 8 recipe suggestions
❯❯ On non-fasting days:
In principle, everything can be eaten on non-fasting days as part of a balanced diet. Important is, no calorie deficit to have. The basis of your diet should be Fruits and especially vegetables be. Also, you should at least 2 liters of water a day drink. Fish and meat should be in moderation to be eaten.
❯❯ On fasting days:
It is important to drink a lot, especially on fasting days. At least 2.5 liters it should be here every day. Water, black coffee and unsweetened teas are allowed.
When it comes to eating, it is up to you whether the 500 or 600 calories are consumed in one or more mini meals throughout the day. On fasting days you should in principle eat more protein. This fills you up better and prevents muscle breakdown. It can also be pre-cooked. We have put together a few recipe ideas for you, each with around 200 to 300 calories:
Recipe # 01 - Stuffed Oven Paprika:
Whole peppers from the oven filled with 75 g turkey breast, 150 g sauerkraut, 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt and a little spicy mustard. Season the whole thing with a little paprika or curry, if you like.
Recipe # 02 - Carrot Soup with Chicken
Chop about 200 g of peeled carrots with 40 g of potatoes and a little onion and fry briefly in a saucepan with a little oil. Then deglaze with a little vegetable stock. Let everything simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes and then puree the whole thing. Season the soup with nutmeg, curry and / or paprika as desired. Now fry about 75 g of the chicken fillet cut into strips in the pan and then serve it with the soup.
Also read: Frying without fat - 6 methods at a glance
Recipe # 03 - Tomato Soup with Zucchini and Beans:
Cut a small spring onion into small pieces and separate the green and white parts. Sauté the white part with a little garlic in the saucepan for a few minutes and then add 1/2 tbsp tomato paste. Douse the whole thing with 125 ml of vegetable stock and add 1/4 can of tomatoes. Now season everything to taste and simmer for about 20 minutes.
In the meantime, fry a quarter of the zucchini and after a few minutes add 5 chopped cherry tomatoes, the green part of the spring onion and 50 g canned white beans. Season to taste.
Now puree the soup and taste it. Now arrange the vegetables in the soup plate.
Recipe # 04 - low-fat quark with mixed berries
Low-fat quark with a berry mix is ideal as a breakfast or snack. 200 g low-fat quark and 150 g frozen berries together have around 200 calories and around 25 g protein. With a little cinnamon or honey you have an ideal meal on fasting days.
Recipe # 05 - Fried Chicken Fillet with Carrots
Fry 200 g finely chopped carrots in the pan over medium heat with the lid closed for 10 minutes. Then add some finely chopped onions. Season the whole thing and add a little parsley and / or a little lemon juice if you like. Then fry 150 g of chicken breast fillet in the pan and serve with the fried carrots.
Recipe # 06 - Fried Bell Pepper Vegetables with Egg and Eggplant
Fry 150 g paprika vegetables, 150 g broccoli and 150 g aubergine in the pan. Season it with a little rosemary and honey if you like and then serve with a boiled egg.
Recipe # 07 - Shrimp Pan
Fry 100 g prawns vigorously in the pan for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add 1/2 zucchini, 150 g cherry tomatoes and a small spring onion, cut into small pieces, and then steam the whole thing for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now add a little parsley and season the dish as you like.
Recipe # 08 - Scrambled Eggs with Leek and Whole Wheat Bread
Another great dish on fasting days is scrambled eggs on wholemeal bread. 2 eggs and a slice of whole wheat bread have around 250 calories.
How long can you use the 5: 2 method?
Intermittent fasting according to the 5: 2 principle is not intended as permanent nutrition, as there are gentler forms of intermittent fasting methods. If you want to use intermittent fasting permanently after achieving your goals in order to maintain your weight, you should 6:1(fast one day a week) or 16:8(fasting for 16 hours and eating for 8 hours a day) rearrange. These two forms have proven themselves as a long-term form of nutrition.
Especially people with metabolic disorders such as diabetes or thyroid diseases should discuss their weight loss plans with a doctor in advance and, if necessary, start with a gentler fasting or adapted diet.
Also read: Intermittent fasting 16: 8 - All rules at a glance
This is how the 5: 2 diet works - 6 important tips
On the first days of fasting in particular, you may feel tired or irritable. It will take a few days to find your own way of dealing with the fasting days. Here are 6 more important tips for the 5: 2 diet:
- Feel a lot Weekday fasts easier to hold out, as feasting is more present on weekends.
- Place them no fasting days in a row. It is nice when you are motivated, but then the body also begins to throttle the basal metabolic rate. Losing weight will then become more and more difficult.
- Discipline drops in the evening. You should keep this in mind in your daily routine. So do not use up your calories in the first half of the day or go to bed earlier if you are too hungry in the evening.
- A healthy and balanced diet is the basis of intermittent fasting. This not only ensures that you lose weight better, but also for more vitality in everyday life and on fasting days.
- Boost your metabolism. After 14 to 18 hours without food, the shift in fat metabolism begins. That is exactly the goal. If the metabolism slows down, the body tends to lower the basal metabolic rate and it becomes more difficult to lose weight. The 3 pillars for an active metabolism are a balanced diet, plenty of fluids and exercise. Also interesting: Boost your metabolism - 6 tips
- Drift no sport on fasting days. Rather, exercise moderately and go for a walk or do light yoga.
- Helps drinking water with lymphoedema
- Why are distance runners so thin
- Why is Reddit so anti-Chinese
- Who were Matthew Mark Luke and John
- How often should office chairs be replaced?
- How is a stingray a fish
- Is the carnivore diet dangerous
- How wrong are some Quora answers
- How do I get through homeschooling
- Why should you visit Bagan Myanmar
- Are you aware of yourself 1
- How to start a computer business
- What is the modern definition of psychology
- How can you say that religion divides us?
- Narcissists identify and avoid other narcissists
- How does Quora filter dirty questions
- Most is title policyholders or lenders
- Why do planes not have rocket engines?
- What does a US 1947 nickel weigh
- What is your favorite female first name?
- What is a newsletter marketing strategy
- Why do some people need protein powder
- Which is better CDM or pharmacovigilance
- Ab exercise can reduce body fat