What are some beginner mistakes in chess
Some tips to get you into the game
Develop your characters
If you are the first to develop your characters, you can also be the first to attack.
Figures that are not developed have comparatively little effect and fewer possibilities of movement.
Do not move the same piece more than once in the opening
That costs time and damages development.
Make your king safe by castling
If you don't castle or have lost your castling right, your king will likely (have to) stay in the middle. This allows him to be attacked from several sides.
If, on the other hand, you have castled, your king can only be attacked on the wing that you cast on.
In addition, castling connects the towers.
Try to take control of the center
You can do this with central pawns or with figures. If your knights are on c3 and f3 they have more influence on the center than if they are on h3 or a3.
Basically, the more (important) squares your pieces control, the better.
Even if you have an extra pawn on a wing, it can make sense to play there to get a passed pawn.
Pay attention to your pawn structure
Double pawns and single or backward pawns can, under certain circumstances, become weak.
Pull your two edge pawns only with good reason
Farmer's moves cost time that your counterpart can use for development. This means that you can quickly fall behind in development.
Marginal pawn moves can also weaken your king position.
Pay attention to the activity of your characters when exchanging
Before the exchange, both your and the opposing piece have an influence on the board. If you swap, another opposing piece takes back your piece and you lose influence.
Why it is not so easy with general chess tips
My tip to bring the king to safety by castling
There is of course something to this tip, because the king is easier to attack in the middle than on the edge and the rooks are also connected.
Especially with players with less experience, many games are lost because they did not castle.
Still, that's only half the story. Because if you see which wing you have castled on, you can also attack you there with pawns and maybe smash your castling position.
To judge whether fast castling is right or wrong, or at least dangerous, is much more complex than it looks at first glance.
Chess tips therefore depend to a large extent on the skill level and individual understanding.
But even with the skill level it's such a thing
Before you buy a chess book or a DVD, for example, you will definitely want to know whether the content in question is suitable for your skill level.
This problem is usually solved by dividing players into different categories. The division into beginners, advanced and club players is widespread. Or a book is recommended from time to time up to a certain Elo rating.
But chess is made up of many different sub-areas. These include tactics, strategy, opening or endgame, to name a few. Your Elo rating, if you have one at all, is just a statistical average of it.
Because the understanding of these individual sub-areas is seldom the same and the level transitions are also fluid, determining your own current level may not be so easy for you.
Practical chess tips
Avoid wasting time
Try not to lag behind in development.
White developed with 1.Nc3.
Black should have developed now too. For example, 1. ... Nf6 would have been good.
Instead he moved his bishop again with 1. ... Bh5.
Now 2.Nxe5 followed. Black could have taken the knight with 2. ... dxe5 and could have come to terms with the loss of the e5 pawn after 3.Qxh5.
Instead, he pulled the runner a third time and hit the lady. After 2. ... Bxd1 he was checkmated with 3.Bxf7 + Ke7 4.Nd5.
A frightening example that makes it easy to remember that you should only move the same piece several times in the opening with good reason.
You have to be particularly careful with pawn weaknesses near the king.
- What is so remarkable about Friedrich Nietzsche
- Use WordPress for your blog
- Why did Cognizant change its CEO
- How important is Macau to China
- Is Quora only to be answered for questions
- Eat leftover fast food
- How are founders paid
- Is P Chidambaram an innocent politician
- Why do schools start later
- Why does the military vote mostly Republicans?
- Does your life mean something
- What is information in terms of physics
- Will the Australian dollar rise
- How do I get a screen overlay
- Which country has the best employment opportunities?
- What do Trump supporters like about him?
- Did Stalin make the Nazi invasion possible?
- What are some innocent mistakes that you have seen
- How do you treat relatives
- Can you describe your home
- What does IVF cost in India
- What are some lucrative sideline jobs
- India becomes a capitalist country
- What is a yard
- How hot is dark matter
- Could dark matter be entangled matter
- Who totally lost your respect? Why
- What is SpaceX Falcon 9 used for?
- Affects Black Friday Amazon
- What training advice should never be followed
- Are Starburst Halal
- What are some thoughts on the Chinese
- Why don't some people think they are smart?
- Is electrical engineering a dying field