Text messages are sent over WiFi
How can we help you?
For quick delivery of your messages and immediate notifications, your phone must be configured correctly.
Make sure your phone has a working internet connection
You can check this by opening a webpage in your browser. If you can't access the internet, try these steps to resolve connection issues.
If you can open web pages but WhatsApp is not working, you will need to contact your carrier or system administrator and make sure your APN and router are configured correctly to allow non-HTTP / non-web and socket connections. You can also try a different connection. If you're connected to WiFi, try to connect using cellular data and vice versa.
Make sure that background data is not restricted
- Open your phoneSettings > Apps & notifications > Whatsapp > Mobile data and WiFi.
- Make sure that "Background data" is activated.
- Repeat these steps for Google Services.
- Restart the phone by turning it off and then on again.
- Reset your app settings under PhoneSettings > Apps & notifications > menu > Reset app settings.
- Make sure that the power saving mode is not activated, e.g. B. by connecting your device to a power source.
- Sign out of WhatsApp Web. To do this, open WhatsApp and tap on More options > WhatsApp Web > Sign out of all computers.
- Make sure that your WiFi connection remains in standby mode: TelephoneSettings > links > WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS > Extended > Leave WiFi switched on in standby mode> Always.
- Uninstall all Task Killers. These mean that you only receive messages when you are in the application.
- Start the Hangouts app and log out of all of your accounts. Start Hangouts again and log back into your account (s).
System specific steps
- Android 4.1 - 4.4
- Make sure that automatic data synchronization is activated on your phone under Phone-Settings > use of data > menu > Synchronize data automatically.
- Check if WiFi optimization is under Settings > WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS > menu > Extended > WLAN optimization is not activated.
- From Android 6.0
- Make sure that you have turned off the "Only important interruptions" mode or WhatsApp notifications under PhoneSettings > Sounds > Do not bother marked as "important".
- Make sure you have all WhatsApp permissions under PhoneSettings > Apps & notifications > Whatsapp > Permissions are activated.
If you've done all of the above and it still doesn't work, you may not be receiving any data from Google's push notification service.
- Can teachers abuse students
- Why is Harvard University better than Oxford
- What prevents smoke inhalation
- What is ADHD and Its Symptoms
- Female bodybuilders have low libido
- What does silence mean in a relationship
- Which companies in Germany offer Visa sponsorship?
- How is geometry used
- Indonesia was a Hindu country
- Chat sex with people cheating online
- What products have exorbitant profit margins
- Why are cells different in size and shape
- Will artificial intelligence change the music industry?
- What is your greatest loss in life
- What pork dishes are popular in Pakistan
- What are the types of authority
- Love to go shopping
- Are the organs of the Notre Dame cathedrals lost
- How are drugs bound to monoclonal antibodies?
- How important is customer satisfaction
- What is the composition of dark matter
- Why are most of the African countries poor
- What is 40 out of 100 00
- Is the shirt too short