How does DNA fingerprinting come about
Uindependent L.andeszentrum for D.privacy Schleswig-Holstein
I always find it interesting when the taz makes friends with CDU positions. That calls for discussion. This now also applies to the article: "Judges hate DNA tests". Unfortunately, the post ignores some facts. He again makes the claim thatgenetic fingerprint(DNA profile) is as harmless as that in terms of personality rightsFinger fingerprint. Some things get mixed up:
It is true that from the normal fingerprint is practicalno further conclusionscan be drawn onto the person of the wearer. The nice thing about him is that every person iswith a magnifying glasscan ensure the consistency of the patterns. The fact that this is not so possible with the DNA profile is primarily due to our bad eyes. But not only: When genetic fingerprints are mentioned, different things are meant:
Theelectronic storagethe DNA profile at the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) with the "sixteen digits" is actually not much more sensitive than the fingerprint, as it only makes and compares statements about eight specific gene locations. In contrast to fingerprints, the DNA profile of twins is identical. There may be a high degree of agreement among brothers and other close relatives. In view of the inadequate standardization of the current measurement methods, false identities can result. In addition, the gender is always determined as a "characteristic". This feature is important for criminology and not particularly sensitive in terms of personality rights.
DNA profiling according to Section 81e of the Code of Criminal Procedure (StPO) is not limited to the analysis of the 8 gene locations. The restriction to eight loci is only a convention, for the purpose of effective use of resources. Section 81e StPO practically allows a comparisonall non-codingGene sequences. As a result, it is also possible to make precise statements about the likelihood of kinship, as well as deductions with regard to ethnicity, especially in the case of deviations from the Central European standard, and even - according to the current state of knowledge - to some diseases. This information does not necessarily result directly from the DNA profile, but only from its comparison with other scientific DNA studies.
But that's not all: Due to the possible need for a follow-up examination within the framework of § 81e StPO, not only the digital code is kept, but also theTissue sample. In any case, this counts as evidence in the case of evidence of a crime scene. This also applies to reference samples from witnesses and accused during the criminal proceedings. The genetic material of the tissue sample can be analyzed retrospectively for characteristics not only in the non-coding part, but also with regard to the genes. In Holland, such criminal investigations have now been allowed in principle ...
Finally: Belief in science is just as irrational as the demonization of science: the analysis of normal finger pressure is banal compared to the creation of a DNA profile. Therefore, § 81f StPORequirements for the appraiser. The analysis of some private laboratories on behalf of the criminal investigation offices may be cheap. However, the risk of errors in DNA analyzes should be ruled out. If politicians give the impression that they can get secure identification for a few euros, then they are mistaken or deceived. A reliable profile for storage at the BKA is not available for less than 50 euros.
All in all: Nothing against a prejudice-free discussion about an extension of the DNA analysis that is compatible with the rule of law. But theDoor to a discussionis slammed or not opened at all by those who seek quick applause instead of differentiating with blanket slogans.
- Why is fidelity important in a relationship
- How do I explain Russell's paradox
- What are the advantages of primary batteries
- Has a celebrity secretly dated you
- When was the first human being cloned?
- Affiliate marketing stays away from scams
- What are good comments
- Is Roku Android based
- How accurate is the Hubspot Sidekick email tracker
- What is Creo Parametric
- Which economy will become a world power
- How was your experience with Teespring
- What does disclaimer mean in law
- Is Malaysia a poor country
- How are old people's homes necessary
- What would you do with a thousand dollars
- How do you better wake up
- What do Koreans think of Taiwanese people
- Beautiful girls live happy lives
- Carpet cleaning can remove stains from pets
- Which Indian city name ends with NAI
- How is the US education system divided?
- When were the ruins of Pompeii found
- Is food a profitable business?
- How do I trade with IQ Option
- How much are your AdSense earnings for yesterday
- What makes super successful digital marketers
- What happens to unsolved crimes
- How do you buy high quality steak
- How can I stop feeling like shit?
- Are the Philippines a part of Asia?
- Why is sex considered wrong and dirty
- Why do we eat vegetables