How do I install WordPress manually
How can I install Wordpress manually?
- Step 1: Find your database login information
- Step 2 - Download Wordpress
- Step 3 - Extract WordPress
- Step 4: Open the file manager
- Step 5: uploading the WordPress files and folders
- Step 6 - open index.php in your browser
- Step 7: choose your language
- Step 8: start the installation
- Step 9 - Enter your database details
- Step 10 - continue installation
- Step 11 - Enter login data
- Step 12 - WordPress has been installed
- Step 13 - Log in for the first time
- Step 14 - Tips to Help You Get Started
In this guide we will show you how to manually install WordPress on your web space. If this procedure is not possible or if you do not want to use it, you can also use the WordPress 1-click solution. This is available in most packages.
Would you rather use the 1-click installer? See the instructions below.
- Use 1-click WordPress at One.com
Step 1: Find your database login information
In order to install WordPress, you need the login data of the database. You can find this in the One.com control panel under PHP and database settings in the tile Advanced settings. Copy the login information to a file or leave the window open for later access.
Tip: Click the eye icon on the right side of the screen to show or hide the database password.
Step 2 - Download WordPress
Start by downloading the WordPress installation files. Click the button below to download the latest version or download it directly from the WordPress website.
Step 3 - Extract WordPress
Next, unzip the installation files on your computer.
- Find the file you just downloaded; You will probably find this in the Downloads folder.
- Right click on the file and select the option Unzip all in the displayed menu.
- click on Further in the window that initiates unpacking.
Note: If you are using a Mac, the procedure will be a little different.
Step 4: Open the file manager
- Log into your One.com control panel.
- click on File manager in the tile Files & security .
Step 5: uploading the WordPress files and folders
Next you need to upload the WordPress installation files to your web space. The file manager is used for this in this description. You can also upload the data with an FTP program such as Filezilla.
Note: In this example we install WordPress in the main directory of your web space. If you want to install WordPress on a subdomain, you have to upload the files to a folder created for this purpose.
- click on Upload.
- Navigate to the WordPress installation files on your computer.
- Select all files and folders.
- Drag all files and folders into the file manager.
- Wait a moment until everything has been uploaded. The loading time may vary depending on the internet connection, but it takes about a minute.
Step 6 - open index.php in your browser
The rest of the installation is done in your browser. Open the index.php (or any other file) to continue.
- Choose the index.php in the file manager.
- Click on in the menu above on your screen
Step 7: choose your language
Now you have to select the language of the WordPress installation. The dashboard will then be available in this language.
- Choose which language you want to install WordPress in.
- click on Further.
Step 8: start the installation
Make sure you still have your database login details to hand. click on Let's go!, to continue.
Step 9 - Enter your database details
Enter the database information you used previously. click on Submit to continue.
Tip: If you want to install several WordPress installations in the same database, we recommend setting the table prefix in connection with the installation location in the directory, e.g. B. www.
Step 10 - continue installation
If all the information is correct and WordPress can access your database, you will receive a confirmation. Click on, Run the installation to continue.
Step 11 - Enter login data
Now you have to enter the login data and create an admin user. To do this, fill in the following information:
- Enter a title for the website. This can be changed again later.
- Your username; It will be visible on your website when you post something. It shouldn't be the admin user.
- A password that is used to log in; Make sure you choose a strong password.
- An email to which you have access; WordPress will send all communications to this address.
- You can tick the search engine visibility check box if you do not want your website to appear in Google. This can be useful while the website is still under construction. You can change it again later.
When you're done, click Install WordPress.
Step 12 - WordPress has been installed
Finished! If everything has been done correctly, you should now receive a confirmation of the successful Wordpress installation. click on Log into go to the login page and access your dashboard.
Step 13 - Log in for the first time
You can now log into your WordPress dashboard for the first time. Here you manage your themes, plugins, posts and pages.
Enter your username and password and click Log in.
Tip: Save this page as a bookmark so that you can easily access it again.
Step 14 - Tips to Help You Get Started
Install the One.com plugin
We have a self-developed plugin to create your WordPress site in the best possible way. This enables you to install other plugins such as the One.com webshop and to use special themes that are only available for One.com customers. To do this, check the guide for installing the plug-in.
- How do I install the One.com Parent plugin?
WordPress is the most used CMS in the world. Unfortunately, this also means that it is very popular with hackers. For this reason we have developed a guide that describes how you can improve the security of WordPress sites.
- Improve the security of your WordPress site
Disable anonymous comments
To make your website less susceptible to abuse, one measure would be to deactivate anonymous comments. Go to Settings > Discussions and check the boxUsers must be registered and logged in to comment ".
- How intelligent can computers be
- Why do you wear a sari so romantically?
- What can an administrator do on Discord
- How is MDIS Singapore
- How can I join NDRF
- Google turns people away from God
- Asbestos still causes cancer
- How do I define information as knowledge
- What moves at the speed of light
- How many liters are there in 10 kg
- Do Chileans speak English well
- Why are rules good
- Is SSC math similar to CAT math
- How did NASA orbit satellites on Mars
- What is sterilization 2
- Do you have a favorite teacher why
- How are Pakistanis treated in Saudi Arabia
- What is now considered obese in pounds
- Why is cobalt used in magnets
- How can I become an algorithm ninja
- Flat people are insecure
- What are machine learning libraries in Java
- How to trade forex
- How is dog food made