What does white do in the spectrum
Refraction and spectral colors
If a light beam falls through a glass prism, the beam is refracted twice, the first time at the transition from the optically thinner to the optically denser medium (air-glass) and the second time at the transition from the optically denser to the optically thinner medium (glass-air). Different wavelengths are refracted to different degrees. If "white" light, e.g. sunlight, falls through a prism, a continuous spectrum is created which comprises around 300 color nuances that can be distinguished by the human eye. These spectral colors cannot be further split optically, which is why they are also called spectrally pure.
Refraction of white light into the spectral colors
If all the colors of the spectrum are brought together again through a lens, "white" light is obtained again. In this type of optical color mixing, the individual wavelengths are added together to form "white" light, which proves that "white" light consists of the different wavelengths of the spectrum.
Newton's particle model
As early as 1676, the physicist Isaak Newton demonstrated, both experimentally and theoretically, that "white" light was broken down into 7 different colors of the spectrum. However, Newton started from a physical model that describes light as a particle and, due to its influence, prevented the wave model, as it was represented by Thomas Young or Cristiaan Huygens (1629-1695), from being recognized for a very long time.
Young's trichromatic theory of color vision
In 1827 the English physicist Thomas Young discovered that by mixing the spectral colors red, green and blue-violet, depending on the dosage, the sensory impression of all other colors can be created.
Additive color mixing,
- What does the Deccan Plateau mean
- Why is there no gravity in space
- What are meningioma cancer
- Will humans perish before we terraform Mars?
- What is emotional intelligence
- How many Romans built the Roman Coliseum
- What interests intelligent people
- Should I study for the GRE
- What screams I'm from London 1
- How were Asians treated during segregation?
- How do you build SEO customer relationships
- How much does Walmart pay
- How to say basket in mandarin
- Has Voyager 1 left the Milky Way
- What is the value of gamification in the workplace
- Was someone in the black hole
- What is it like to live without empathy
- Blog posts get longer
- 13-year-old boys can wear clothes
- How is it in Pahoa Hawaii
- What kind of grass grows the highest
- Is cocaine illegal in the US?
- What happened to the re-ask button
- Who is smarter than Albert Einstein
- How do we say appreciation in Japanese
- Why do bridesmaids pay for their dress
- What is the COM domain used for?
- Which Pokemon should I develop
- Insufficiently charges Etsy sellers
- What is Instagram Influencer Marketing
- How is your bracket for March Madness
- When the diet does not lower cholesterol
- Is the UK economy better than Germany
- Navy SEALs are crazy