Why do fat people eat
Nutritional prognosisTo 2100: We become greater, thicker and need more Calories
The world population is growing: more people, who are also getting bigger and fatter - and are eating more.
As tall as the Dutch, as voluminous as the Mexicans: In 2100, on average, people could look the same, researchers at the University of Göttingen estimate. You have observed this development in the Netherlands for height and in Mexico for body mass index (BMI). And they assume that this trend is realistic worldwide.
That means: In just under eighty years, our energy requirement will be 2500 calories a day, according to the researchers. Currently there are an average of 2300 calories per person. Worldwide we need 80 percent more food, reports Deutschlandfunk-Nova reporter Anne Tepper.
"2500 calories a day would be the energy requirement in 2100 so that you don't lose weight unintentionally, but stay healthy and everything runs smoothly in the body."
More and more weight: this is already happening in Mexico today. That is why the researchers used the Central American country as a basis for their nutritional prognosis. The BMI there has risen sharply since 1975. It is currently around 28 for women and 27 for men. This means that people in Mexico are considered quite overweight.
For the "size" factor, the researchers included the Dutch in their forecast because they are the largest in the world: the average Dutch person is 18 years old and over 1.85 meters.
More food for more and more tall and fat people
Based on the sample countries, the researchers came to the conclusion that we will need more food by 2100. On the one hand because of the increasing world population, on the other hand it is necessary because of our increase in size and weight from the second half of the century.
"The researchers estimate that by 2100 people will be on average as tall as Dutch and as fat as Mexicans."
The consequence: food shortages. With an increased demand and constant food supply, wealthy people would continue to stay fit and slim because they could afford increasingly expensive and healthy food, according to the prognosis.
Disadvantages for poorer populations
Socially disadvantaged people, on the other hand, would be severely affected by malnutrition and malnutrition, provided they only have access to cheap and possibly unhealthy foods such as fast food. This is often cheaper, but has a lot of calories but few nutrients.
The researchers' demand: More environmentally friendly food production and more healthy nutrition are needed. Nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains should be cheaper compared to fast foods and sugary drinks.
- Who the hell created pop-up ads
- There are 60 caliber bullets
- What are some good attention grabbing phrases
- American is a nationality
- Which is the best school in china
- Should Trump be removed from office
- How many attempts does MHCET Medical allow
- Married women in India are sexually frustrated
- What is HND Computing
- Why would anyone prefer hard biscuits
- Who pays the president's salary
- What is the answer to 5 5
- How does face recognition technology work
- What is new money
- How will fashion be in 2020
- What's in a lead-acid battery
- Why is the human brain shrinking
- What are examples of light energy
- What can kill a relationship
- How can I start an interesting conversation
- Who is the Highest Paid NFL Player
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of exhibitions
- How do you say great in Chinese
- Is Hiring Ring Thing Chiropractic Safe