What does 65 mean?
Start »Car tires are so complex - high-tech products» Tire designations
What do the whole numbers on my tire mean?
Each tire is marked on the sidewall by the manufacturer with a standardized sequence of numbers and letters from which the tire size can be read. An example is:
Each tire is marked on the sidewall with a nominated sequence of numbers and letters.
225/55 R 16 95 W.
The individual codes stand for:
- the tire width in mm (here: 225 mm)
- the ratio of the height to the width of the tire in percent (here: 55%)
- the designation of the type (here: "R" for radial tires)
- the rim diameter in inches (here: 16 inches)
- the marking for tire load capacity (here: 690 kg per tire), also load index, load index or load index
- the permissible maximum speed, also called speed index or speed index (here: up to 270 km / h)
Designation of the speed classes and permitted maximum speed
A1 5 km / h
A2 10 km / h
A3 15 km / h
A4 20 km / h
A5 25 km / h
A6 30 km / h
A7 35 km / h
A8 40 km / h
B. 50 km / h
C. 60 km / h
D. 65 km / h
E. 70 km / h
F. 80 km / h
G 90 km / h
J 100 km / h
K 110 km / h
L. 120 km / h
M. 130 km / h
N 140 km / h
P 150 km / h
Q 160 km / h
R. 170 km / h
S. 180 km / h
T 190 km / h
U 200 km / h
H 210 km / h
V 240 km / h
VR > 210 km / h
W. 270 km / h
ZR > 240 km / h
Y 300 km / h
Tire quality - "I'm playing it safe!" Is an initiative of the German Road Safety Council and its partners.
Find tire experts
15 years of Wash & Check
Specialist dealers and workshops
- What types of landing pages are there
- Are heart rate and lifespan linked
- Why does the US coin burn money
- What are some little things that people do
- How often do Germans eat sausage
- How do I find local street races
- Basically, Indians and Bangladeshis are the same people
- How to say Japan in Japanese
- What is the interview process at Infosys
- Keep colleges stopping the sport against you
- How do inequality and poverty affect companies?
- Are Chinese people discriminated against in western countries?
- What is medical patient confidentiality
- Can we open an online bank account?
- Is hiring house cleaners worth the money
- Economy Why is Australia so rich
- Why do we need vector space
- How much water do our oceans have
- Is It Healthy To Eat Eggs?
- Will the dominance of Wordpress CMS continue
- What is the future of obesity
- Why do some people eat slowly
- How much are WWE wrestlers paid
- How do I get an email