Who wants to start their blog websites
Create a blog: How do I create my own free blog?
Turning your hobby into a job and earning money through blogging: That is the big dream of many budding bloggers. But what makes a successful blog? Is it worth creating a free blog, and is a WordPress blog actually always the best choice? How do you actually write a blog post? In other words: what is important if you want to get your blog out big? We address all of these questions here!
Turn the hobby into a profession and make money blogging: That is the big dream of many budding bloggers. But what makes a successful blog? Is it worth it to have one create free blog, and is a WordPress blog always the best choice? How do you actually write a blog post? In other words: what is important if you want to get your blog out big? We address all of these questions here!
What is blogging and what is the point of having your own blog?
Password-protected online diary, publicly accessible lifestyle project or professional company appearance with informative added value - a blog can be many things. Exactly in this one Versatility and thatlow-threshold access is probably also the attraction of blogging. Anyone who has a suitable idea can theoretically overnight start your own blog.
How do you become a blogger?
Do you want to get into the blog scene? Then you don't have to do much more than do one Create a free blog and fill it with content. However, this is only the greatly simplified variant, because most newcomers start the blog project because they want to earn money with it or to become known.
It shouldn't come as a big surprise: A successful blog doesn't grow overnight, and there is no “guarantee of success” per se. However, if you approach things systematically, you are on the right track! Here is a little one Checklist of what to bringif you want to create a blog.
- a unique theme or a Spin that doesn't exist in this niche yet. With countless existing fashion, food or travel blogs, it is no longer enough to just look at the respective industry as a blog topic. Individuality is required - what sets the newly created blog apart from everything that already exists?
- willingness to invest a lot of time. Content planning, layout, collection of ideas, regular writing: none of this takes care of itself. If it is clear from the outset that there will be hardly any time for blogging, this is unfavorable.
- a strategy. Come up with a concept for your blog and plan the content as precisely as possible. The more topics you can collect in advance, the better. Get used to jotting down interesting keywords in everyday life immediately!
- Contacts or a certain degree of extroversion. Those who can network have a clear advantage when it comes to professional blogging. Attend blogger events, take part in discussions in online communities and do blogger outreach - mutual support is the motto!
Can you tick off all the items? Then you already have excellent starting conditions and in the next step you can consider which scale your blog should actually cover.
Option 1: create a professional blog
A business blog is the ideal opportunity to cover non-commercial search terms (keywords). Content marketing with advice blog articles to operate is the ultimate opportunity to offer real added value - and thus to be remembered as an expert.
You should professional blog Incidentally, it is worthwhile to work in a paid blog package to invest. You can create a blog on your own domain for as little as 4 to 5 Swiss francs a month. This is a good decision, among other things, because with this variant you don't have to worry about whether your blog GDPR compliant is.
Variant 2: create a private blog for friends only
The world trip, the year abroad or a creative project: some bloggers are primarily interested in capturing certain experiences and sharing them with a small group of people. In such cases it is possible to use the Encrypt blog with a password.
WordPress, for example, has that "Private Content" plugin in store. Due to the installation, the blog is password-protected, so that anyone who wants to access it has to log in first. If you too start private blog usually submits free model out. But be careful: Even with non-commercial blogs, you shouldn't forget the GDPR!
Creating a blog and making money - is it that easy?
When asked if you can make money with a blog there are two answers: Yes, if you approach the project with realistic ideas. No, if you expect to make your entire living on the blog.
To explain the whole thing in more detail, here are a few common ones Ways To Make Money From A Blog:
- Affiliate Marketing: You get a commission every time someone hits the link to buy a product on your blog.
- Banner ad space on your blog (which you shouldn't overdo, because nobody likes to see ads)
- Digital service: This applies if you offer a service, e.g. B. Online seminars or coaching.
However, no one who starts a new blog gets rich straight away using these methods. There is so much that you should be aware of before starting your professional blog project.
Really successful bloggers operate their side often for years and have the appropriate authority as well as many important contacts in the industry. You don't get this status overnight. The person in question is likely to have a lot Time and effort invested in blog maintenance to have.
Making a lot of money with a blog is difficult not least because many niches already served sufficiently become. Speaking of which: How do you best determine the blog topic? And which blog platform do you use to implement the idea?
What do I have to consider if I want to start a blog?
A blog is about conveying the passion for a topic to the readership. The keyword is added value: Whoever visits your site should also benefit from it. Let's see what it takes to do that!
The blog topic: Food, photography, fashion, beauty?
Do you already know in which subject area you want to blog? Very good! Well you need a niche in that area that as specific as possible is.
Fashion, food or travel blogs are a dime a dozen these days. Then there is the Competition from image-heavy blogs on Instagram. A sense of style or a passion for travel alone is not enough to make a name for yourself. Take enough time and gather ideas: What makes your blog special? What spin have you missed on other blogs so far?
Also put a List of topics for each post at. If you can't come up with more than 5 to 10 ideas before you start blogging, it will quickly become difficult to delve deeper into the topic. The result: standstill and another orphaned or thematically inconsistent blog.
Blog structure and layout
As soon as you have found your specific topic, you can start planning more precisely. Consider it, which categories and sub-categories are useful. You can differentiate, for example, between
- theory: Definitions, glossary entries, ...
- practice: Test reports, step-by-step instructions / tutorials, ...
If in doubt, don't create too many categories, as this could be confusing. At the same time, each contribution should be in a category that makes sense in terms of content.
As for the layout, there is also one clear, clear line hip, trendy, popular. Although you can change the theme of your blog at any time on the various blog platforms, this is not recommended: If a blog appears with a different design every few weeks, this is the Branding effect obsolete.
CMS in comparison: where can you create a blog for free?
Who blogs needs one suitable Content Management System (CMS). The choice is great; the following are particularly popular free Blog provider:
- WordPress (wordpress.com and wordpress.org)
The more specific you are Think about where you want your blog to develop right from the start, the better. If the purely private hobby blog is to suddenly become a professional blog, there is a laborious move into the house.
So should you be toying with the idea get more out of your blog, it is usually worth it, rather than a free one paid variant to choose. You can get started here for as little as 4 to 5 Swiss francs per month.
- A free blog requires a willingness to compromise. Advertisements, limited features and themes, no responsive design for fluid use on mobile devices - if you don't want to pay anything for the blog, you have to be able to make compromises here and there.
- With free blogs, control ultimately rests with the web host. Only if you host the blog yourself can you always decide for yourself what happens.
- The more storage space you need (e.g. for travel photos or food photography), the faster you reach the limits of free blogs.
Tips and Guide: How do I create a blog?
The topic is ready, as is the content concept - time for implementation! We have the most important steps on the way to your own blog in a nutshell.
Phase 1: Free blog or a blog on your own domain?
The first consideration is whether you want it to be a free blog or if you'd rather host it yourself i.e. H. buy your own domain. What's the difference??
- At free blogs like WordPress, the web host takes care of all technical matters, provides support, etc.
- WordPress is very low threshold and therefore well suited for entry into blogging life.
- However, your domain always has the on a free (WordPress) blog Addition of the provider, so exampleblog.wordpress.com.
- With your own domain (exampleblog.com) avoid the risk of expensive GDPR warnings. With the free version of WordPress, for example, an anti-spam plugin called Akismet is installed by default, which does not comply with the GDPR rules.
- If you have your own domain, you can use the Website builder combine different modules as required.
- But: with the own domain Do you wear take responsibility yourself for technical aspects, security updates, etc.
Overall is a free blog on WordPress or similar Especially recommended if you know for sure that it is a purely private project will act. Free blogs can also be a good “dry run” if you want to test your blogging skills before spending money on a domain.
Phase 2: WordPress, Jimdo & Co. - where should I create the blog?
If you want to use a free platform, you are spoiled for choice, as there are many platforms for free blogs. Here is just a very small selection!
WordPress is the one Classic for newbies to blogging. The most important properties of WordPress blogs are:
- easy handling
- a lot of support in the community
- suitable for hobby blogging, where comprehensive features are not so important
- comparatively easy switch to self-hosting
- not suitable for commercial purposes in the free version
Until 2003 under the domain blogger.com known, this platform is now owned by Google. Important are among others. these properties:
- Free blogs can also be used commercially using Google AdSense.
- AdSense means targeting advertising on the subject of the blog. If you click on the ad, you get money.
- The design options are rather limited.
Jimdo is also a free service and brings the following features:
- Content cannot be exported. If you want to move your blog, it means a complete restart.
- Editing of the content in the front end instead of in the back end
- no responsive designs in the free version
- The comment function must be integrated separately.
- more suitable for private purposes
Phase 3: Create a free WordPress blog
Let's say you've chosen WordPress. You can now either click wordpress.org or on wordpress.com Create your blog. In contrast to the .org-Domain has the ending .com the ability to edit the source code.
At wordpress.com start with one click while at wordpress.org First the download and hosting are necessary. Most web hosting providers also have a guided installation of Wordpress in their customer panel.
Well of course you need one suitable name for your blog. This should easy to notice be. Avoid umlauts, hyphens - and too much creativity, because in case of doubt the priority is that the blog name is memorable. There is enough space on the blog itself for creative content.
In addition, choose one meaningful ending, for example that of your country or .blog. You can use domain check tools to check whether a domain is still free.
As soon as the name is up, it’s about to start main pages to put on. One page is the “classic” in blogs: This format always remains the same and is not arranged chronologicallyas is the case with the individual blog posts. If you're not sure which pages you absolutely need, this list is a good place to start:
- Data protection
- Imprint (including first and last name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Introduction ("About me" / "About us")
- contact form
Phase 4: Set up and design your blog
Now the fine-tuning can begin! First select under “Settings / Privacy” whether the blog found by search engines shall be. Under the "Permalinks" area, you can also specify how the URLs of your posts should look and make the automatically generated addresses more beautiful.
To Setting up the blog also include the following points:
- Optimization of the mobile view and loading times
- SSL certificate for a secure connection, either free of charge via Let's Encrypt or as a paid version for even better protection
- Set up newsletter option, e.g. B. with Mailchimp
And then there are those Plugins, the real strength of WordPress! An almost endless selection of small additional features is available here, but it is best to concentrate on the essentials first. Important WordPress plugins are:
- Yoast SEO for search engine optimization
- WP Rocket for optimized loading times
- Antispam Bee against spam comments
- Shariff wrapper for social media buttons that comply with the GDPR
- UpdraftPlus for automatic backups
- Wordfence for a web application firewall (WAF)
The time has come: The blog is up - and now wants to be filled with content. Now is the time to write first blog posts or to be entered into the CMS.
Phase 5: publish your own blog and make it known
After you have published the blog and published your first posts ... nothing happens at first, because just clicking on "Publish" does not attract any attention. Promoting is therefore the keyword, and on the right channels:
- If you have a lot visual content deliver, promote your blog in an Instagram story and / or in the news feed. Pinterest is also an important network.
- Take an active part in Topically relevant Facebook and LinkedIn groups and draw attention to your content there.
- Depending on the niche also relevant to Twitter be. Food, lifestyle, fashion etc. may not be so strongly represented there, but z. For social issues, for example, you can definitely try to increase your reach there.
- Monitor with Google Analytics and the Google Search Consolewhat content works best. This is the best indication of the direction in which you should deepen your topic.
With social media, of course, the promotion work is far from over. If something is really going to happen from the blog, there is no way Blogger outreach past.
So bid other blogs Your articles as guest posts at. That means many, many emails, but at the same time valuable recommendations for your blog as soon as a cooperation is established.
Writing for the blog - how does it work?
So much for the creative and technical side of a newly started blog - but what about the content itself? Finally, we have collected a few tips on what to look for in Writing blog posts actually arrives!
How do you write a blog?
Once the basic framework of the blog is in place, the posts themselves are what takes the most time. Because a good blog article doesn't come up in a few minutes. By "good" we mean in this case that the contribution ...
- ... is easy to read. Short sentences and simple language are mandatory. If in doubt, read the text to yourself: Does it sound bulky or interesting?
- ... deals with a topic that moves the target group and offers her what she was looking for. The more people recognize themselves in your posts, the faster your readership will grow.
- ... is optimized for search engines. Subheadings with frequently searched search terms (keywords) are an indication for Google that a post provides answers to the questions of the searcher. Ideally, this will help you achieve a better placement in Google search results.
In short, if you want to blog, you should Passion for language and enjoyment of writing bring along - even if the blog has a lot of pictures. It doesn't work without good texts.
The perfect blog post structure
So what does the much-cited “good” blog post look like? Has proven itself following structure:
- a crisp intro that describes an everyday situation in which you e.g. B. have found the problem XY
- the question including the solution
- a case study or a report on your own experiences (if thematically appropriate)
- Summary of the findings
- Call to comment or share the article
If all of this then turns into a beautiful, clear layout is packed (e.g. enriched with enumerations / lists, infographics, pictures or videos), you are already very close to the perfect blog post.
Nevertheless, don't be too strict with yourself, especially at the beginning. Every new contribution brings new insights, and the longer you've been blogging, the better the posts can get!
Blogging successfully: what do you need for it?
If it's not about the private travel diary, most bloggers want one thing at the end of the day: a large readership. As already said, success does not come overnight. What you need for blogging is ...
- ... a unique idea how the blog topic can be reinterpreted
- ... enough more ideas to regularly write new articles
- ... an eye for design
- ... linguistic fluency and enjoyment of writing
- ... stamina and enough time
- ... the willingness to go out of yourself and to network
And now we can only wish: Good luck with your blog - We look forward to your testimonials in the comments!
- What is the target audience in web design
- When does it become easier to quit smoking?
- How McDonalds Can Affect Your Health
- What is dairy technology
- What are IMF goals
- Feelings and minds are the same
- Can you stop Avada Kedavra
- Are Italians Aryans
- Which unexpected foods are actually really healthy?
- Who will make the money in the US
- What do teachers think of student couples
- Speak Chinese Thai Mandarin or Cantonese
- SEO URL structure words against numbers
- How is Stockholm Syndrome different from gaslighting
- Can people control their subconscious
- What caliber is a 25 06
- What do depressed people say to each other
- What are 47 caliber rounds
- Why do doctors leave their careers
- You can peel a soft-boiled egg
- What are your passions, interests and hobbies
- What country are the Bahamas in
- What is the daily food in France
- Where do billionaires moor their yachts?
- This generation is smarter than previous generations
- What do Sinhalese think of Tamils
- Can you alleviate symptoms of mental illness
- How can we keep a diet
- What is thin fat
- What causes increased cervical lordosis
- What is the best game made with Java
- Why are signs and symbols important
- Which IPTV providers are legal
- Are Australian degrees valid in the US?