What European foods do Americans find disgusting?
21 food quirks that Americans strangely don't find super weird
- Simply tasty
From easy cheese to red velvet cake, this is kind of weird to Europeans about American food.
1. Red Velvet Cake
BuzzFeed.de © yaramaximiano / instagram.com
Do whatever you want, of course, America, but why color a cake red? Especially if it doesn't even taste like something red!
2. Combine sweet potatoes and toasted marshmallows.
BuzzFeed.de © maucocinadetodo / instagram.com
Sweet potato casserole is delicious. But the concept of combining a vegetable with a melted candy is just very strange.
3. This mayonnaise lust
BuzzFeed.de © deebo.von.neckbeard / instagram.com
For most of the world, mayonnaise isn't a salad dressing, a topping on bread, or, worse, a favorite food.
4. Lots of ice in the water, no matter what time of year it is.
It's refreshing in summer, but why put five ice cubes in your drink in mid-January?
5. Call this grated semi-fat cheese "Mozzarella".
BuzzFeed.de © walmart.com
Mozzarella should not be processed and grated, it should be eaten fresh.
6. Hawaiian pizza.
BuzzFeed.de © lizasanjose / instagram.com
Pineapple should never be anywhere near, much less on, a pizza.
7. Eat lunch at your desk.
BuzzFeed.de © _thewanderingwolf_ / instagram.com
Lunch breaks are the best because 1) you get a break, 2) that eats in time. So why don't Americans do them?
8. Drink milk with the main meal.
BuzzFeed.de © Fpg / Getty Images
According to old Hollywood movies, Americans always drink a glass of milk with their main meal. And that, my friend, is very strange.
9. Drink your coffee on the go.
BuzzFeed.de © shelleycooney1 / instagram.com
Sure, it's more efficient, but it's also a lot less pleasant than sipping on it in a coffee shop.
10. And add tons of different flavors to the coffee.
BuzzFeed.de © ttimmgone / instagram.com
Caramel frappuccino, peppermint mocha, gingerbread latte, pumpkin spice latte ... What's wrong with simple coffee?
11. Fry everything.
BuzzFeed.de © locolombiana / instagram.com
Fried butter? Fried Oreos? America, aren't you ashamed ??
12. Fried Chicken with Waffles and Syrup
BuzzFeed.de © omgaz / instagram.com
At first I wondered what kind of monster decided to put these ingredients together. But then I tried it and now I wonder what kind of genius decided to put these ingredients together. But it's still WEIRD, OK ?!
13. String cheese
BuzzFeed.de © sandra.kang / instagram.com
String cheese is a (strangely addictive) abomination. Seriously, what do Americans have against good cheese.
14. Frito Pie
BuzzFeed.de © eatingmywaythroughoc / instagram.com
1) It's not a pie. 2) What is it then ???
15. Three liter wine bottles.
You have to admire the thirst and dedication, but the American love of super sizes is a bit strange.
16. Put a scoop of ice in the root beer.
BuzzFeed.de © bungabungabungadahlia / instagram.com
Think of root beer with vanilla ice cream, think really about it, and tell me it's not strange.
17. Easy cheese spray cheese.
BuzzFeed.de © 98.percent / instagram.com
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can explain or excuse this travesty.
18. Combine peanut butter and jam.
BuzzFeed.de © the_ernie_e / instagram.com
It's just such an odd combination for non-Americans (although it kind of makes sense once you've tried it).
19. Shaved ice with syrup.
BuzzFeed.de © kavitaali / instagram.com
Covering ice cream with syrup is just weird. Why not just have an ice cream or sorbet?
20. Eat crackers with cheese.
BuzzFeed.de © siennaswardrobe / instagram.com
Crackers are good, but bread is better.
21. And spam canned meat.
BuzzFeed.de © shirelio14 / instagram.com
This article first appeared in English.
- What is dr Mahathir's IQ
- How can I advertise my services
- How much does Fortnite
- Speaks Kuala Lumpur English
- How can I participate in the paytm partner program
- Why is respect for society important
- What are the factors of capitalism
- How does the Stockfish chess machine work
- How does a socialist economy grow?
- Why are you important to your parents
- Where can I learn TensorFlow for free
- What is the most midwestern at all
- How do you stop witchcraft
- Special effects make a movie better
- What is a portfolio url
- What are the best marketing technology blogs
- Is the Quora app too slow?
- How many countries send astronauts into space
- Who does Canada's debt belong to?
- Stomach cancer is difficult to cure
- What Makes a Multi-Million Dollar Website
- What is your question to you
- If 7x x 77 what is X.
- Which is better BitTorrent or uTorrent