How sharp should an ax be
Sharpen axes properly
Not only professionals know: good care and correct storage extend the life of axes and hatchets. With the right know-how and a few hand movements, the sharpness of tools can be maintained effortlessly.
Since axes, hatchets and splitting hammers are striking tools, scratches and quirks are unavoidable in the long run. With the combined grinding and whetstone (OX 33-0200, grain size 120/320, RRP € 20.78 incl. VAT) from OCHSENKOPF, tools with predominantly flat cutting edges such as axes and hatchets can be sharpened effortlessly.
In gardening and forest work, nothing is more uncomfortable and sweaty than a blunt ax. Instructions show how to properly sharpen the ax with the combination whetstone in just four steps:
At the beginning, the whetstone should be moistened with water, as water is particularly suitable as an abrasive for coarse sanding. Alternatively, petroleum can be used for normal and thin oil for a fine oil.
For pre-sanding, first use the coarse-grained side (120) and then the fine-grained side (320) for fine sanding. The cutting edge should always be machined evenly from both sides so that the original shape of the tool is retained. Ideally, you use the edges of the grindstone to prevent the stone from bulging over time. During the grinding process, the stone should be turned regularly and cleaned of debris, as these could damage the cutting edge.
After fine sanding, the ax can be pulled off with a leather strap. Here it is important to make sure that the leather is pulled away from the cutting edge.
Finally, spread the anti-corrosion oil over the entire ax head with a soft cloth and let it soak in - done!
- What did Greek mythology do
- Who is your favorite blogger in India
- Why is economic inequality increasing
- Can I buy political power with money?
- Who are the top mobile app developers
- Why Choose Wix Website Builder?
- Get paid writers on Wattpad
- What does the symbol stand for
- How can I determine square meters
- Where does the agile method not apply?
- Does the steam separator refer to the steam engine
- Which habits sharpen your focus
- Has protectionism ever worked
- How much money can I make as a freelancer
- How is Rollins College for MBA
- Why is my feed flooded with your replies
- What is the reason for the hydrostatic paradox
- Why does spacetime have no dimension of time
- How does gravity depend on time?
- What is meant by data structure 2?
- How do you sell a business idea
- When does schizophrenia occur in childhood?
- How to say Japan in Japanese
- How does AARP win customers