Why do some magnets contain neodymium?
What are neodymium magnets?
Neodymium magnets are the strongest magnets in the world and are also known as super magnets. Even with small sizes, magnets made of neodymium have a strong adhesive force and can hold many times their own weight.
Neodymium magnets were developed in the 1980s and have enjoyed growing popularity ever since. These high-energy magnets, originally manufactured exclusively for industry, are characterized by a particularly high energy density. The energy density or the energy product is the product of the remanence (simplified magnetic strength) and the coercive field strength (describes the susceptibility to weakening or demagnetization) and an essential indicator to characterize a magnet. Simply put, these are the strongest permanent magnets in the world.
Nowadays, around 40 years after its market launch, neodymium magnets have become an indispensable part of our lives. We encounter them every day, even if we don't necessarily see them. The possible uses are now so diverse, which is one reason for the now comparable low price. Neodymium or neodymium is the crucial element of these strong permanent magnets.
Your partner for neodymium magnets
Since we have a large selection of super magnets available from stock, we can almost always help promptly and deliver the right item. Buying neodymium magnets is not a problem for us - we offer them in different sizes, shapes and designs for almost all areas of application, mostly in large quantities from stock. This includes, for example, model making, where the magnets are naturally very small, but at the same time have to have a high adhesive force in many cases. Magnets made of neodymium-iron-boron are predestined for this. But they are also used in many other areas, especially because of their high adhesive force. For example, for locking systems and holding devices on self-made furniture or other projects.
Learn more about neodymium magnets from us. Again and again we receive questions about these extremely strong permanent magnets like what makes these magnets so strong?, do the magnets get weaker over time? or what does neodymium actually mean?.
Here we give you the right answers to frequently asked questions and hope to arouse your interest in Super Magnets. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or e-mail.
Neodymium magnets for every application from magnethandel.de
Neodymium magnets are among the most powerful of the permanent magnets available today. These permanent magnets made of the neodymium-iron-boron alloy are convincing in numerous areas thanks to their magnetic adhesive force that is many times greater than that of other permanent magnets of the same size. Therefore, especially small neodymium magnets are very popular, as they require little space and still provide a higher adhesive force than conventional magnets of much larger dimensions. We offer you a wide range of neodymium magnets for a wide variety of applications. This includes neodymium magnets in different sizes as well as in various different shapes.
To name just a few examples of the use of neodymium magnets:
- Use in plant and generator construction (there are permanent magnets in every electric motor)
- in the automotive industry
- in sensor technology / sensor technology
- in filter construction, in filter systems
- in medical technology and in medicine itself (devices such as magnetic resonance tomographs / MRI)
- in biology and chemistry, e.g. for separating substances
- but also for various simple and more complex adhesive applications, i.e. for magnetic fastening
- for the production of measuring equipment
- for switching contacts (ideally the reed contact)
But also in the private environment, in the household and in the office, in the garden and hobby area and of course for orientation, super magnets are used for a wide variety of purposes. We also supply these strong magnets to manufacturers of glass magnetic boards. Do you need additional holding magnets for your magnetic glass board? No problem at all, strong neodymium magnets with a height of 10 mm are ideally suited here. The most popular dimensions are neodymium disc magnets Ø10x10 mm and our neodymium block magnets 10x10x10 mm.
How are neodymium magnets made?
Neodymium magnets are an alloy of neodymium, iron and boron (NdFeB / neodymium-iron-boron). NdFeB magnets are manufactured by pressing powder that has been ground to the smallest grain size in a pressing plant (sintering process). This is adapted to the geometry of the finished magnet. During the compression process, the preferred direction (anisotropy) of the magnet is set by means of an electromagnetic field. This strong magnetic field can act both horizontally in the pressing direction and perpendicular to it, from which the magnetization direction can be varied. This is followed by a coating process, which is necessary because the magnets could rust due to the high iron content and the magnetization. Once magnetized, a neodymium magnet actually retains its adhesive force forever.
Actually? The following processes can damage these strong magnets:
- too high temperatures! Neodymium magnets are susceptible to high temperatures. The standard material can withstand a maximum of 80 ° C. Higher temperatures can cause the magnet to weaken and no longer achieve its full capacity.
- Too large magnetic fields or opposing fields: To be neglected, since only electromagnetic opposing fields are strong enough to magnetically damage these magnets. Electromagnetic opposing fields are a rarity in everyday life.
- Rust. Corrosion should be avoided in order to allow long-term use outdoors and in damp environments. Despite the usual nickel-copper-nickel coating or zinc coating, NdFeB magnets can rust. Only higher-priced samarium-cobalt magnets are an alternative for industry. However, we also offer encased neodymium magnets for outdoor use and will continue to expand our range in this area. Nickel-plated neodymium magnets can be used indoors at normal room temperature and humidity without any problems.
Why are these magnets so much stronger than normal ferrite magnets?
The magic word is "rare earths". The element neodymium is one of the so-called rare earths and is responsible for the extreme adhesive force of these super magnets. For this reason there is also the often used term rare earth magnets. In our online shop we also offer hard ferrite magnets in addition to the most varied of sizes and shapes of neodymium super magnets. But of course also products that contain these materials. These are primarily magnetic systems such as:
The different shapes of the extra strong magnets are not decisive for the strong adhesive force. Regardless of whether it is block magnets or disc magnets, the largest possible area is crucial for good adhesive force with direct contact with the substrate. We also offer neodymium block magnets and magnetic disks with holes and countersunk holes. Ring magnets made of neodymium and neodymium ring magnets with a countersink to screw on are also very popular. You can get small mini magnets of only one millimeter as well as high-performance parts with a thickness of over half a ton. Further variants are our self-adhesive neodymium magnets and our waterproof magnets in a transparent protective cover, which can be used as closing magnets for sewing.
Individual production of neodymium magnets? - No problem!
If you cannot find any neodymium magnets in the designs you need, despite our very extensive range, then you do not have to despair. Because on request, we will be happy to make you an offer for the production of neodymium magnets according to your ideas. Almost all shapes, sizes and adhesive forces are possible. If necessary, just contact us and we will make sure that you get exactly the super magnets you need.
Our Magnethandel team will of course be happy to provide you with further information on permanent magnets. In our shop we offer a wide variety of super magnets online, for example for your magnetic board, refrigerator, whiteboard but of course for all other different applications. In the event that the magnet you need is not listed in our offer, you are welcome to contact us by phone or email, we will make you a personal offer for the purpose of manufacturing customized magnets. There are almost no limits to the geometries.
- What is the worst designed food packaging
- Can click funnels be profitable in 2020
- How is the competitive video game industry
- What are the best ecommerce loyalty programs
- What is patriotic and becoming patriotic
- Use WordPress for your blog
- Dies Rainbow Six Siege in 2019
- How do you clean tile floors thoroughly
- How seriously are the requirements taken at Harvard
- Can have a GIF audio
- How convenient are mobile casino games
- Why is human development required
- What do Westerners think of promiscuous people?
- What's your favorite premium gaming chair
- Does League of Legends work on Linux
- What does Sajag
- How do lifestyle factors affect health?
- Why do we always think something
- Why are there jobs that Americans don't do
- Regret leaving England
- Someone calls themselves an evolutionist
- Which country has the brightest children
- Which console is worth buying in 2019
- What is the best cleaning product