Are allies of Australia and New Zealand
New Zealand's secret service bans technology from Chinese supplier Huawei
The largest telecommunications provider in New Zealand is not allowed to use equipment from the Chinese network group Huawei to set up the new 5G cellular standard. The secret service in Wellington issued a corresponding ban with reference to security risks. The affected New Zealand company Spark said it was legally obliged to inform the government's intelligence service, the Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB), of its 5G plans.
GCSB boss Andrew Hampton has expressed concerns about the use of Huawei technology to set up a radio network and rejected them. Hampton said a "significant network security risk has been identified". Spark called the GCSB's move "disappointing", but is still betting on expanding its 5G network by July 2020.
No Huawei technology in several countries
The Chinese company Huawei is one of the world's largest telecommunications equipment manufacturers. Several countries, including the USA and Australia, had recently accused the Chinese company of being too close to the authorities in Beijing. According to a report in the "Wall Street Journal", the US is trying to urge allies not to use Huawei technology.
Along with the USA, Great Britain, Canada and Australia, New Zealand is a member of the "Five Eyes" secret service alliance. Australia already banned Huawei from participating in the development of the network for the new 5G mobile communications standard in the summer with reference to security risks. In Germany, too, there are concerns ahead of the planned auction of 5G licenses in spring 2019 that networks built by Huawei will be more susceptible to Chinese espionage. Especially behind the scenes, some politicians are pushing to consider an exclusion.
Huawei has now said it wants to address the concerns. A total of more than 20 5G contracts have already been concluded with telecommunications companies worldwide. The company was also involved in setting up the 4G network in New Zealand.
ah / fab (reuters, afp)
- How can I deactivate my DigiLocker account
- Why is Mahesh Babu called SSMB
- How is Trump's impeachment progressing?
- How do I publish poems
- How much love does a person need
- Shouldn't a person be passionate
- How many millimeters are in one kilometer
- How much have you invested in Bitcoin
- Can I Short Sell Bitcoin Cash?
- How do I hide affiliate links
- Companies hire UTD students
- How do I send an email
- What currency is used in Prague
- Can someone agree to a sexless marriage
- How does blood smell in the stool?
- May cause depression to cause belly fat
- What is the importance of lawyers
- Why is money so personal
- What common things never happen to you
- Who wants to be poor
- How do I create a blog 6
- What surprised you about India today?
- How do I create a blog 6
- How do banks promote economic growth?