What makes a school an international school
Overview: This is how the international school works
If you want to switch between the school systems, you have to observe a few rules:
The International Baccalaureate (IB) developed in 1968 is taken at the end of the twelfth grade in currently 119 countries under the same conditions. The exams are placed centrally. Six IB subjects must be taken, three each as advanced and basic courses. The IB is recognized worldwide as a university entrance, including at German universities. However, adequate IB courses must have been taken for certain subjects.
The school day starts at 8.30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. or later, depending on age. Then there is still homework to be done. The school fee is between 8,000 and 15,000 euros per year (excluding food).
In lower grades and preschool The Primary Years Program (PYP) is aimed at four to eleven year olds. Local international schools teach German as a mother tongue or as a foreign language. If you want to switch to a state grammar school after the fourth grade, you have to take trial lessons in some places because the diplomas
are not recognized for the transfer.
In the Middle Years Program (MYP, up to grade ten) include natural sciences and humanities, computer technology, art and a second or third foreign language in the subject canon. Because the MYP qualification is not recognized as an intermediate school leaving certificate, some schools offer the somewhat more demanding IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) qualification.
Attending an international school sometimes requires an exemption if schools have supplementary school status. Only a few organize taster days, most prefer job interviews. Certificates, knowledge of English and the international orientation of the family play a role. Some schools almost only accept German children in first grade.
- on the subject
- Association of German International SchoolsOnline
- International Baccalaureate OrganizationOnline
- What is a way to compress the time
- Why are dementors so sad
- Why do theories have to be falsifiable?
- How do I keep doing cuckold
- How many 20 make 4,000
- What are the most religious countries
- Does India commit genocide in Kashmir?
- Why do Europeans run more than Americans
- Why are organic products expensive
- Can ghee cause constipation
- How Your US Citizen Can Sponsor Parents
- How do transfers work
- What makes the Apple Card so special
- Can a bricklayer join another lodge?
- What are some unfair school rules
- Has feminism enslaved women
- When did you get to Quora 1?
- Who are Leadpages customers
- How to get diamonds on MSP
- Why does God not punish bad people
- What is smart metering
- Many people commit suicide
- Salt actually causes high blood pressure
- How is Affiliate Marketing Conducted