Kuala Lumpur has a good airport
Kuala Lumpur Airport - KLIA
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Travelers from Europe land in the satellite terminal from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, short: KLIA. If you have an international connecting flight, you will also find your gate in the satellite terminal. Everyone else has to switch to the main terminal and take the airport train over to the other building.
At the other end of the short train connection, both the gates to connecting flights within Malaysia and the baggage claim area are clearly signposted. This also applies to the express train that connects the KLIA directly with the center of Kuala Lumpur
Hours of stay at KLIA
Kuala Lumpur Airport is 44 kilometers south of the capital. On our return flight, we stayed at KLIA for over seven hours. It's too short for a trip to the city. Far too long to sit around, however. So we were able to take a good look around there. In other words: Annette and I wandered senselessly through the various shops at the airport for hours.
We looked in vain for normal-sized picture postcards, marveled at the rich selection of chocolate and other sweets and got bored in the airport perfumery. Ultimately, we turned the leftover ringits into cappuccino and a better rum. A few of these bottles are already stored in the cellar at home, but exchanging them would hardly have been worthwhile.
The Kuala Lumpur International Airport, or also Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur, is the largest Malaysian airport. But as with the vast majority of large airports, you will look in vain for special shops and restaurants in the KLIA. In addition to the perfumery and liquor store, there is also a bookstore, a shop with suitcases and bags and travel accessories.
In addition, a handful of shops with souvenirs and one or the other clothes shop. The gastronomy is dominated by international chains such as Burger King and Starbucks and a few Malaysian restaurants (which also mainly offer fast food). The only special thing is the Jungle Walk in the main building, a small green oasis with a waterfall under the open sky.
A real rainforest in the middle of Kuala Lumpur Airport - KLIA
The rainforest in the airport is really something special. The airport's architect, Kishō Kurokawa, had a glass cylinder built in the middle of the main building. Tropical plants and rainforest trees should grow and flourish in it. This forest should set the passengers on the country Malaysia with its fascinating flora. And give us a little review. To do this, a piece of nature was brought back into the built-up world. Because this tropical rainforest was not planted. Most of it was transplanted from the existing rainforest. However, it is not explained whether this was only allowed to make room for palm oil plantations there. At least this piece of nature wasn't just cut down. The forest offers us something more meaningful activity than strolling through the shops and looking at the umpteenth bar of Swiss chocolate.
«Borneo elephants at Kinabatangan
Tips for Borneo »
- What makes Sydney a city worth living in
- What should everyone know
- What are some satiating and healthy snacks
- Can one animal rape another animal
- Which is the most difficult ACCA paper
- What if Italy never existed?
- Are snow snakes real
- How much are WWE wrestlers paid
- What are some interesting financial hacks
- How much do gamification platforms cost for companies
- Are paranoid schizophrenia and obsessive-compulsive disorder dangerous
- What are the worst skin care products
- What are the developing countries in Europe
- How do I regulate the tension
- Which is the richest country
- How many people serve in the Iraqi military
- How much is a penny from 1903 worth
- Why is symbolism so psychologically powerful?
- Who is a promoter
- What is the plot of Pinocchio
- How does it feel to break your bone
- Where was Lee Harvey Oswald caught
- How can I become a pretty girl
- When do the peasants sow seeds
- Can a non-autistic person become autistic
- What is 15 out of 15 out of 100
- Hong Kong people consider themselves Chinese
- Who should go to law school?
- What is the importance of nature reserves
- How is raw oil transported by rail
- How do you rate drop shipping
- Beautiful people are happier
- How do I participate in the Clickbank Affiliate Program
- In which year exactly was the earth formed?