How can I move to Toronto Canada

Entry requirements for Canada

Skilled workers and professionals

Emigration to Canada has to be considered carefully. Immigrants cannot count on any support from the Canadian government when they emigrate to Canada.

As a single, you should have approximately CAD $ 10,000 in share capital for emigration to Canada. A family with two children should be able to provide evidence of capital of approximately CAD $ 19,000.

Canadian immigration laws fall into five categories:

  • Skilled Workers and Professionals: People whose professional skills are in Canada's interest. This group is the right one for most emigrants and that is why we are in this articleonly the skilled worker class to be discribed;
  • Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed persons. Self-employed people need a business and financial security to settle in Canada.
  • Sponsoring your family - if you are Canadian and your family or your partner would like to live in Canada.
  • Provincial nominee - Immigration programs under the immigration laws of a Canadian province.
  • Quebec-selected skilled workers. Specific guidelines apply to the professionals selected by Quebec. The legal regulations are currently suspended.

The selection criteria for skilled workers were designed to identify which applicants for an immigrant visa for Canada have the best chance of establishing themselves successfully in Canada. For each of the factors there is a certain number of points to be achieved. An applicant must always achieve a total of at least 67 points in order to be eligible for a permanent visa (settlement permit) for Canada.

NEW since 2010:

  • Applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker category must be able to demonstrate at least one year of uninterrupted full-time employment or equivalent part-time employment within the last 10 years in one of the 29 qualifying occupations according to the Priority Occupation List (POL), or
  • Provide evidence of a job offer from a Canadian employer.

"Skilled workers" are selected according to six criteria:

education max. 25 points
Language skills English and / or French max. 24 points
work experience max. 21 points
Age max. 10 points
Employment in Canada max. 10 points
adaptability max. 10 points
total scoremax. 100 points
Minimum number for the settlement permit67 points


Education / professional qualification

There are different point levels for this, depending on the duration of the study or training in combination with the length of school attendance and the qualifications achieved

Language skills in English and / or French

The language that is better mastered is assessed as the "First Official Language", the other as the "Second Official Language". You can prove your language skills by taking a language test or suitable certificates. The language ability is assessed according to "speaking", "listening / understanding", "reading" and "writing"; the points are distributed according to the point scale for the skilled worker class according to the number of points achieved in the language test.

Work experience related to immigration

You can apply for full-time or part-time work experience. The work experience must not date back more than ten years and must amount to at least one year (full-time or two years part-time) during this period. Anyone who does not meet the minimum requirements in terms of professional experience, but also the corresponding occupational classification, gets no settlement permit - regardless of other point results.


A maximum of 10 points can be achieved for the age if you are between 21 and 49 years old at the time of application. If you are younger than 21 or older than 49 years, it is still possible to emigrate to Canada, however there is a deduction of up to 0 points for your age.

Employment in Canada

If you already have a job offer or an employment contract before you apply, you will receive additional points.


You can achieve a maximum of 10 points for adaptability if:

  • Spouse / partner can demonstrate vocational training and / or an academic degree;
  • You or your partner have worked in Canada for at least a year;
  • You or your partner have studied in Canada - where the degree is decisive;
  • You have a job offer from Canada;
  • Relatives of you are Canadian citizens.

according to an article by H. Daiminger: