What is Pinocchio's story

History of the Park of Pinocchio

The park of Pinocchio could not be built anywhere else than Collodi, the old village has remained as it was centuries ago, a cascade of houses that ends just before Villa Garzoni and its spectacular garden, where the mother of Carlo Lorenzini was born, and where the writer grew up with the GrandparentsOrzali spent.
The park is the usual play garden, but the suggestive, precious works of art by great artistswhich shows a fable created thanks to the comparison between the imagination of art and the imagination of the visitors. The consistent fun is spontaneous and natural, thanks to the beauty of the art and the environment. In 1951 the mayor of Pescia, Professor Rolando Anzilotti, the idea of ​​a monument. He founded the committee for a memorial to Pinocchio, launched a competition and invited the greatest artists to take part. Eighty-four sculptors accepted the invitation: were ex aequo winners Emilio Greco With Pinocchio and the fairy and Venturino Venturini With Mosaic Square. In 1956, the magnificent and now world-famous bronze group, which symbolically depicts Pinocchio's path from marionette to good boy, and Venturi's mosaics, which illustrate the most important stages in Pinocchio's life with enchanting originality, were inaugurated. The idea was introduced in a room designed by the architects Renato Baldi and Lionello De Luigi was designed.
1963 the “Gasthaus zum Roten Krebs”, which offers space for the restaurant of the same name. Work of Giovanni Michelucciwhose red span the claws of a crab: in 1972 the park expanded with Toy Land, an imaginative route through more than one hectare of Mediterranean area Pietro Porcinai for twenty-one bronze and steel sculptures by Pietro Consagra and building of Marco Zanuso planned that evoke the plot of the adventure.
Finally in 1987 "Word and figure workshop" of Carlo Anzilotti planned and executed from a draft by Giovanni Michelucci.