How is the monetary value determined
The monetary value indicates the amount of goods that can be acquired with a monetary unit, or in general: the extent to which the monetary value is determined by the activities of all economic agents or by monetary policy with its use of monetary policy instruments is a point of contention that has always been discussed in monetary theory controlled. According to the so-called banking theory, the general price level of an economy is determined on the markets, and economic agents procure the means of payment required for sales themselves; According to the so-called currency theory, the central bank's money supply, especially the monetary base, determines the amount of money used in an economy and thus the general price level. At its core, the controversy between banking and currency theory from the 19th century continues to this day in the form of the controversy between monetarism and fiscalism.
Literature: Issing, O., Introduction to Monetary Theory, 9th edition, Munich 1993. Schmölders, G., Geldpolitik, 2nd edition, Tübingen, Zurich 1968.
a) Internal monetary value: indicates the purchasing power of money and is measured by the reciprocal value of the price level (p): t / p; it falls when the price level rises, so that for a certain amount of money one receives fewer goods and services on the market than before. b) External monetary value: indicates how many foreign goods one can acquire for a domestic monetary unit: w — pA. If the monetary value of foreign countries I / pA remains unchanged, the external monetary value of the domestic country fluctuates with the exchange rate (w in quantity notation, e.g. amount in US $ for 1); it rises in the event of a devaluation and falls in the event of an appreciation of the domestic currency.
Previous technical term: Money Laundering Act | Next technical term: monetary benefit
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- Smoking two cigarettes a day is bad
- How useful is the financial email list
- Japanese people eat fast food
- What percentage of matter is space
- Bullying occurs in private schools
- Does existence ever end
- What are valves
- What were Hitler's weaknesses?
- Who invented chess and how
- What is the best projector for your home?
- What is the role of a psychologist
- What exactly is Vitaly Uncensored
- Which goats are best for meat
- Who is Yahoo's target audience
- Which song does your sibling describe
- Build muscle spasms muscles
- What would happen if Vietnam invaded Thailand?
- Understanding the WordPress theme template hierarchy
- Why are Indonesians so proud
- Is democracy the best possible political system
- How Your US Citizen Can Sponsor Parents
- What does Pinocchio mean
- Which are the international airports in Malaysia
- What are the characteristics of time