What do some say in poker
A classic poker saying goes: If after 20 minutes you don't know who the dork at the table is, then you are. The sentence should make it clear to beginners: Poker is not just a game of chance. You can control it more or less well. And experts notice whether a beginner is sitting at the table who will sooner or later be excluded - or whether an even better player can be dangerous two places further.
"Lady Luck", as the Americans say, can deal very uneven cards at times and, of course, four aces are better than a straight. So it can happen that a complete beginner inserts a big stack of chips in between. But over many games and longer periods of time, the goddess of luck, as the mathematical law of large numbers wants, treats all players equally (unless cheating is done). And then it shows who masters poker. It is no wonder that some player names keep appearing on the top tournament ranks in the international scene.
But from now on the sentence with the idiot has to be expanded: As soon as Pluribus plays along, everyone else is a idiot.
Pluribus is software. It was created by researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh and the Facebook AI laboratory in New York. In a 10,000-round poker marathon, the algorithm defeated more than a dozen international poker professionals, five of whom competed against the machine at the same time. Among them were poker legends like Chris Ferguson, who the scene calls "Jesus" for his head of hair, and Darren Elias, who has won the World Poker Tour four times.
An AI developed by the same researchers called Libratus was already successful in poker in 2017 - but only in the one-on-one competition, the heads-up. Pluribus now proved its dominance in multiplayer games against five human professionals at the same time. How Pluribus acquired its poker skills, the computer experts described last week in Science.
An essential difference to chess, checkers or go is the incompleteness of the information
An essential difference to chess, checkers or go is the incompleteness of the information. The board games, in which the entire position is visible to everyone, can - at least theoretically - be fully calculated with enough computing power. In poker there is unknown information, especially the cards of the opponents. In the most played poker variant, Texas Hold'em, a few more cards gradually come into play while you are already completing the first rounds of betting.
- What's wrong with the French education system
- What do the French eat for breakfast
- Why is Apache Spark implemented in Scala
- How are background checks of the apartment rent carried out
- Why are local businesses important
- Are children smarter than us
- Indians forget their culture
- How could humanity enter the fourth dimension?
- What are some examples of ethnic nationalism
- Why do people call lesbians gay
- What is your favorite travel destination
- May cause ondansetron cancer
- Why is China so rich
- Are children smarter than us
- Which hourly wage amount is fair
- How is the Mexican economy affecting other countries
- What is Australias favorite food
- Where can you get Steam Gift Cards
- What is your salary after completing a doctorate
- Which game has the worst community
- Is aluminum magnetic
- Where is a good opportunity for dairy companies
- I am a natural writer
- How will life be sustainable on Mars
- Why should we need a calendar
- Like the battery life on Apple AirPods
- How long do clear dreams last
- Can we gain supernatural powers through meditation?
- Is bitcoin really the future
- Existential depression is common
- What are the earnings of the Ola Uber drivers
- What is your feedback on my website