How practical is silat
Pencak Silat - Development and History
PENCAK SILAT is a combat and self-defense system, the numerous styles and variants of which have their home in today's Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the southern Philippines and Thailand.
Written documented stories go back to the 4th century AD. back, making PENCAK SILAT one of the oldest existing martial arts in the world.
PENCAK SILAT is characterized by evasive action, so the practitioner is always dependent on his mental and physical agility in order to cope with new situations.
The basic human needs are security and prosperity. To meet these needs, man invented and developed various means (techniques) and equipment. The inventions related to security are means and equipments for combating and overcoming all kinds of threats, challenges, obstacles and nuisances. Such means include, among others, so-called "jurus" and weapons.
"jurus" are a technique of effective physical movement for self-defense or attack, with or without weapons.
This early form was very simple and imitated the movement of animals, adapted to the human anatomy. As a result, there has been a constant development along with the development of human culture.
The Malay peoples who now inhabit Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and the southernmost areas of the Philippines and Thailand consider the Silat martial art to be their very own creation. Tales documented in writing extend into the 4th century. n.C. back, making Silat one of the oldest existing martial arts in the world.
The early styles were still strongly influenced by the various mainland Asian cultures and were not very well developed. The Minangkabau tribe on Sumatra adopted this style and created a special kind of Indonesian fighting style.
One of the earliest kingdoms, the Srivijaya on Sumatra, stretched between the 7th and 14th centuries. through the efficient methods of fighting their area of dominion over all of Indonesia, even over areas of Thailand.
Under the kings of the Majapahit Empire (1293 AD - 1470 AD) the new fighting style matured to technical perfection.
Originally, the fighting methods were exclusively mastered by the members of the Indonesian ruling class, the nobility, and they guarded their secret knowledge. Nevertheless, in the course of time I also acquired the knowledge from the common people and perfected it in certain areas. This original and orthodox system is popularly known as Pencak Silat and, loosely translated, means "to fight artfully".
In Pencak Silat there are more than 150 handed down Styles. The main part of these systems is on Java to find. Within this main direction there are still countless sub-groups, so that practically every region or larger city has its own silat system.
- What is the value of 1939 10
- How do I learn product design
- I am fat and ugly
- What is Williams R in Technical Analysis
- How much can you save in Malaysia
- Why are Europeans less religious than Africans
- How do you keep yourself happy
- The Philippines are poor
- How can social media ruin your business
- How is the night life in the city center
- What are some twists and turns in the love story
- Probability is real math
- What is the minimum distance between vehicles
- What is a terrible teacher
- Why is health important to us
- What is the climate in climate change
- Can an IDE be built using Python
- How was the Volkswagen emissions scandal exposed
- Are Hungarians Slavic
- Is chicken junk food
- Why are some old people so childish
- Does someone really enjoy their work?
- How do you apply rules to rules
- How many people serve in the Iraqi military