How much does it cost to plant trees
House building: when the tree in the garden is as expensive as the garage
Dirk Reinecke speaks enthusiastically of clouds and plates, of their perfect shapes and how he perfects them. And above all, what he needs for it: Japanese scissors. They are particularly sharp, "almost like a samurai sword". Without them it is practically impossible.
The man is by no means a weirdo. Not a wacky artist either, if his work has a lot to do with aesthetics. When Meinecke swings his scissors, it is only to give his large bonsai the final cut. He has more than 100 of these topiary trees in his tree nursery in the Meinersen municipality in the greater Braunschweig area. They are clearly visible from the federal highway 214 and have piqued the curiosity of many a garden owner who was looking for something special. “Nowadays nobody wants the Serbian spruce planted in a row,” says Reinecke. "It has to be the exclusive, the extraordinary, and then the price doesn't matter either."
The days when homeowners planted their little apple trees and watched them grow seem to be over. “In the past, people had a better understanding of plants, of their life cycles, of the slow growth and prosperity,” says Ingo Drautzburg from the Ley tree nursery in the Rhineland. “Nowadays the garden should be finished at the same time as the house is built and afterwards there should be little work.” But still be perfect.
It's best to have everything ready right away
The plum tree should, if possible, bear juicy fruits in the coming autumn, the oak should provide shade in the next summer and its thick branches should carry children's swings. The cherry laurel hedge should be dense today and protected from prying eyes. No problem anymore.
There are now "hedges by the meter" to buy. Special cultivations that are already 1.50 meters high and correspondingly dense. Cost point: with around 300 euros per meter you are there. And even beautifying the garden with large, adult trees is no longer a big deal. Because contrary to what the layman assumes and the saying “Never plant an old tree” says, adult trees can still be transplanted - provided they have been properly cared for throughout their lives.
Young trees have to be moved every three to four years, what experts call "schooling". Fine roots are formed that allow the plants to cling to new locations in the ground over and over again. Some tree nurseries in Germany have specialized in this, including the Bruns tree nursery in Bad Zwischenahn or the Ley tree nursery. "Older specimens are no longer replanted in the tree nurseries," explains Ley employee Drautzburg. “You loosen the earth around the tree and cut through thick roots. At these points the roots branch out again, creating a wider root surface through which the tree can better supply itself with nutrients. "
Then it works better at the final location in the home garden. There are no growth guarantees, but professional growers do. “Only professionals can transplant large trees,” says Drautzburg. "The planting hole has to be deep and is dug with the excavator, the tree is then lifted in with the help of a crane, straightened and also anchored." To do this, either straps are pulled directly over the bale or the tree is fixed above ground with wire ropes it does not tip over due to the wind load.
Trees for 10,000 euros
For this procedure alone, the costs can easily amount to 4,000 euros. The price for the tree is not yet included. A fully grown deciduous tree can cost up to 5000 euros. The spectacular bonsais from Meinersen cost between € 1,000 and € 20,000 per piece - depending on size, age and care requirements in the nursery. A Japanese mountain grape, a good two meters high, changed hands this year for the proud price of 10,000 euros.
- Why don't you eat lamb
- How can I learn the British accent
- Are there glasses that can see through clothing?
- Who discovered chess?
- Is the food healthy in China?
- Fairfax VA is a beautiful place
- Why is Malaysia more expensive than Thailand
- What are the best personal blogs
- What did early Christians call Jesus Christ?
- How many edges does a cone have
- What do you hate about public transport?
- What is the climate in climate change
- Blogger is a better job than YouTuber
- Can a fingerprint be changed by an operation?
- How important is poker bankroll
- Are guinea pigs smart
- What drives OTR truck
- Why are violent video games legal
- Works PayPal in Russia
- Why do people like to correct others?
- How can you invest in Bitcoin ATMs?
- How do you find a technical co-founder
- Who kicked the Jews out of England?
- How can I deal with procrastination
- What's on Page SEO 2
- Why is a trade surplus important
- What's in 2 i
- What is the infinity root of infinity
- What's the best cold email funnel
- How do you design random number generators
- Do Malaysian Malaysians really come from Indonesia
- What is blue fish
- How deep does the beach sand go
- Honey badgers have natural predators