What is crypto currency ICO
Initial Coin Offering (ICO), raising capital with cryptocurrencies
The ICO for start-ups is like a crowdfunding campaign in which investors provide virtual money to help companies pre-finance their service or product. This money can flow to blockchain projects as well as to companies from more traditional industries.
That with the English terms Initial token offering (ITO) or Initial Coin Offering (ICO) can be compared in a certain way with an IPO, which, however, is carried out on the blockchain. The ICO is being launched by a start-up that has previously calculated its capital requirements and created a "white paper" in which its business model is described. Investors can then fund this company through payments in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ether.
In return for their capital, investors receive tokens. These can fulfill various functions. They can serve as currency or as a right to access a platform on which one can purchase the start-up's products or services. Depending on the type of tokens, these can also give the investor the right to dividends or a voting right in the company.
This approach has several advantages. On the one hand, it enables a start-up to raise large sums of capital in a short time and at low cost. On the other hand, it ensures a distribution of access rights. However, the ICO also brings with it some risks. The speed and simplicity of the process leads many young companies to raise funds for future projects for which there is not even a prototype. Thus, the investor has hardly any guarantees and no claim to the project. In addition, the risk of fraud is quite high, as there is no regulation for the tokens and they are sometimes issued by unidentified people.
With regard to Swiss legislation, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) published guidelines in February 2018 in which it explains how it deals with subordination requests in the area of ICO.
Source: The site was checked by a Swiss law firm in June 2018.
- Why are there jobs that Americans don't do
- Why don't I care to die?
- Why is Singapore called Little India
- Why are there people who are bipolar?
- How long is a notarized document valid?
- What is an unexpected threat in Jordan
- Protinex is vegan friendly
- What are you doing now
- What is x if x x 5
- What's wrong with your favorite show
- How was it before vacuum cleaners
- ACT is nice
- What are the effects of spoiling children
- Cheats the backgammon app
- What would lead to people developing?
- Thai women wear Indian style saris
- How do aircraft carriers stay upright?
- Why is agriculture popular in poor countries
- How do I learn Python 3
- How do you become a guest blogger
- How do you sell ideas to companies
- Graphic designer make logos
- Can supermarket do things cheaper
- How is the remaining income calculated
- Where can I meet girls in Dubai
- What percentage of Canadians apologize?
- What are the biggest questions for mankind
- You could forgive your cheating spouse
- Greece becomes an underdeveloped country
- Mastiffs are good watchdogs
- Why are westerners interested in Chinese girls?
- Smarter people are happier
- Why isn't junk food banned?
- What are the best free traffic sources