How can information be power
What can I do as a relative?
If you have a drinking problem, you have to make the decision to drink less or to get help yourself. This requires admitting the alcohol problem. This is usually difficult and often takes time. As a relative, it is therefore important to be patient. It often takes several attempts to permanently change drinking behavior. This is completely normal and not a reason to blame anyone.
In addition, willpower alone is not always enough to change behavior. This also has to do with the fact that drinking often has a function - for example, to calm down and let problems take a back seat. A change in drinking behavior presupposes that these problems are no longer suppressed, but rather actively addressed. Last but not least, such a change is much more strenuous at first than simply leaving everything as it is.
For people who drink a lot of alcohol out of habit - for example to relax or as a "reward" after work - alternatives to alcohol can be helpful, such as a hobby that gives pleasure and relaxes. Maybe you can try something new together.
It can happen that other friends or family members do not support or question the decision to drink less or no more alcohol. If they drink a lot of alcohol themselves or have problem drinking habits, they may lack understanding. As a relative, you can then help establish contact with people who support the decision or who do not drink alcohol themselves - for example in a self-help group.
Last but not least, it is important to know when your own efforts are no longer sufficient: Large amounts of alcohol can make you physically dependent. An addiction is a disease - not a question of will and also not a moral weakness. If someone has already developed an addiction, it will not work without professional support. However, each person affected is responsible for accepting and using this support - even if you, as a relative, would like to make the decision for him or her.
- How will Brexit affect globalization?
- What does a book represent you
- Mixing Xanax and Adderall is dangerous
- How does affiliate marketing affect our business?
- What is the best attraction of Malaysia
- Why does my period last 2 days
- Running out of Saudi oil
- Is it okay to buy groceries online
- Is New Zealand in Europe
- According to Catholic teaching, masturbation is a sin
- Good Friday is a public holiday
- What is a diatonic scale
- How can I meet Tom Hanks
- Which US presidents were Freemasons
- What are some unresolved geographic puzzles
- What is the salary of a cardiac surgeon
- How can we say at home in Telugu
- What does Andrew Weill think of CPAs
- What is K 12 education
- How is the conversion rate of a website measured?
- What is it like to live on the beach
- What exactly is the Big Bang Theory
- Should I accept being fat?
- Is a vegan diet nutritional deficiency
- What feels good for you now
- What are your spiritual experiences with God
- Is cold calling legal 1
- App development is useful for small businesses
- How is liver cancer diagnosed
- What are the basics of the ad network
- Which are the countries of Australia
- Who should go to law school?
- Why do executives have higher salaries