How can I clean my room intensively?
Cleaning the carpet: tips for proper care
The following rule applies to all carpets and carpets: regular care preserves beauty and value - and ensures a healthy indoor climate, because mites and germs are eliminated. How to clean your carpet professionally.
Thoroughly clean the carpet
Vacuum any carpet that is walked on frequently at least once a week. Otherwise, dust and dirt will get into the fibers and the stains will be difficult to remove. To clean, attach the brush attachment to your vacuum cleaner. Exception: loop pile and long pile carpets - the smooth nozzle is more suitable here. The simultaneous brushing and vacuuming removes loose dirt from the depths of the fibers and removes adhering dirt particles. Initial fluff on new carpets is harmless. These are fiber residues that were left behind when the pile was cut smooth. The carpet fibers straighten up again after vacuuming and form an even surface - the carpet looks fresh and new.
Cleaning carpets: the intensive version
Particularly stressed carpets, for example in hallways, kitchens or children's rooms, require extensive and professional intensive cleaning every one to two years. Depending on the carpet material and degree of soiling, we recommend:
Here you can clean the carpet with simple household remedies: carpet foam and vacuum cleaner. Apply the spray foam, for example the Vanish GOLD Power Foam Carpet Cleaner, directly to the carpet and brush the mass into the pile. Let the foam dry, do not walk on the area during this time - if necessary, put a towel on. Then vacuum the carpet thoroughly. Please note: If the carpet is soaked, the color of the surface will rub off - place old cloths or blankets under the carpet before cleaning it thoroughly and before treating stains.
Wet cleaning works with a shampooer or with a spray extraction device. Machine cleaning is not suitable for carpets made of coconut, sisal and goat hair, nor for carpets with a rib structure and coarse woven carpets - the cleaning fluid is difficult to remove from the structure-related spaces between the fabric and quickly attracts new dirt. The carpet gets very damp and has to dry quickly - it must not be walked on during the drying time. Leave the wet cleaning to a specialist company. The experts freshen up your carpets at your home or pick them up for cleaning.
Without a lot of chemicals: With a steam cleaner like the Kärcher SC 1 Premium, dirt, stains and grease can be removed thanks to its natural cleaning power. The loosened dirt is collected directly in a special cloth. In contrast to cleaning with cleaning agents, no residue remains in the carpet.
Basically, the following applies: Never soak carpets when cleaning, otherwise waves and water marks can form. Should the mishap still happen: Set up vessels with a special granulate that attracts and absorbs moisture. Dehumidifier granules are available in the camping department and in hardware stores.
How to clean carpet stains
Carpets under the dining table in particular quickly get a splash or two. You must always clean stains on the carpet immediately, otherwise they will dry out. Proceed in five steps:
- Soak up liquids with paper (kitchen roll, speed handkerchief) or a clean cloth, remove sticky or thickened items with the back of a knife. Vacuum dry, loose dirt with a vacuum cleaner. Never rub stains, just dab. Otherwise the carpet fibers will become matted or tangled. Always treat soiled areas from the outer edge inwards.
- Many stains can be removed with lukewarm water. Do not add detergent or washing-up liquid to the warm water - it promotes re-soiling. Dab repeatedly from the edge inwards and suck up the liquid again and again - avoid rubbing.
- If the stain resists removal with warm water, use a carpet cleaner to tackle it. Follow the recommendations for use on the packaging. Carefully dab the loosened substance on the stain with kitchen paper several times. Important: Spread and enlarge the stain by rubbing. If dark circles or water rings remain after the stain treatment, the carpet is overall soiled and should be cleaned thoroughly.
- The stain may not come out the first time. Repeat the treatment until you can no longer see anything. Finally, rinse with water and dab it carefully with a cloth or paper towel. Let the carpet dry, then vacuum thoroughly over the stain again. Before attempting cleaning, first freeze chewing gum stains with ice cubes and smash them with a hammer. Immediately remove the broken particles with a vacuum cleaner. Then treat the stain with carpet cleaner.
- Particularly stubborn stains and dirt residues disappear completely with a solvent-based stain remover. Caution: These substances harm carpets made of wool. Do not pour the stain remover directly onto the carpet, but soak a cloth - otherwise the backing coating of the carpet will come off.
Tip: You can also remove stains with a steam cleaner. Thanks to its natural cleaning power, steam loosens dirt, stains and grease. The loosened dirt is collected directly in a special absorbent cloth. In contrast to cleaning with cleaning agents, no residue remains in the carpet.
You might also be interested in
Cleaning the carpet: treating different materials
Cleaning wool carpets
Never clean carpets made from animal fibers such as wool, goat hair and silk with lye - this will make them lose their elasticity and strength and become brittle. The hair structure is damaged, colors can bleed or fade. Acidic cleaning agents maintain the health, shine and elasticity of wool and animal hair. If you buy an agent for carpet cleaning, read the table of contents: If it contains alkaline components or if there is no indication, it is better to opt for an agent that is clearly acidic. After every treatment, stain removal or intensive cleaning, brush the pile of wool carpets in the direction of the grain and make sure that it dries quickly - close the window and turn on the heating. If the room temperature is higher than the outside temperature, ventilate the heated, humid room air. Repeat until the carpet is completely dry.
Clean natural fiber carpets
Undyed plant fibers such as jute, sisal, cotton and coconut tolerate alkaline cleaning agents. Dirt and stains in the carpet can be removed with curd soap or gall soap. However, be careful with dyed plant fibers: They can fade if you clean the carpet with soapy water, stain remover, soda or ammonia. Use a carpet cleaner with an acidic pH.
Clean synthetic fiber carpets
Synthetic fibers such as propylene / polyamide / polyacryl ("Dralon", "nylon") are less sensitive than natural fibers. You can clean dirt and stains on the carpet with alkaline cleaning agents such as curd soap, lubricating soap or gall soap. After cleaning, velor should be brushed lightly in the direction of the grain while it is still damp.
You should definitely not do this when cleaning carpets
- Solvent-based cleaners such as petrol, acetone (nail polish remover) and stain remover remove grease stains or Edding stains from flat fabrics, but are not suitable for thick textiles such as carpets. Although the agents loosen the stain, they do not remove it from the fiber - the dirt sinks back into the depth of the fiber. The carpet turns gray and unsightly.
- Wool detergents and dishwashing detergents are "mild", but have to be rinsed well after use - hardly possible with carpets. The smallest of detergent residues, however, magnetically attracts new dirt and makes the carpet fade and gray.
Cleaning the carpet: what else you can treat your carpet to
Provided that you live in a region with clean air and clean precipitation: Once in winter, lay your carpet with the pile in the snow and pat your back vigorously. With this treatment, the colors recover. Another option: occasionally rub the pile with a cloth dipped in vinegar. You can also occasionally take care of it with a steam cleaner. This loosens the dirt and lets the colors shine again.
- Why shouldn't the government ban porn
- How much do YouTubers make in intermediate level
- How do I open a supermarket 2
- Do you understand abortion is murder?
- Why is content so important to SEO
- What vitamins does grape juice have
- How the final list for IIM approval was prepared
- Is Quora a wiki
- How racist are Nepalis
- Can I ask you a legal question
- A successful person is always happy
- What is Islamic Banking in Pakistan
- What happens in 1 minute
- Will Mexico pay through NAFTA
- How do I stop doubting myself
- The most successful relationships are built on lies
- Keyword anticipation is better than keyword research
- Which is the smallest unit of length
- 2 possibilities of the western world
- What are the consequences of iron deficiency
- Why do Malay men like Chinese girls
- Would you cancel the second amendment
- How do you become a Dutch doctor
- What is the Zenos Paradox in Mathematics
- What does social media skills include
- Chlorine dioxide kills cancer
- How do I meet women in Dubai
- Why is Facebook Messenger so popular
- Singapore has its own culture
- Which is better Udacity Coursera or Udemy
- Do you want to find out
- What is the name of 1000 trillion
- How fast is 12 kilometers per second