How video streaming protocols work
Streaming video protocols
There are several network protocols that provide streaming video. These protocols are (UDP = User Datagram Protocol), Real-Time Streaming Protocol RTMP, (RTSP) and the well-known TCP Transmission Control Protocol (), the IP multicast etc. Your work is sent to the stream of data as a series of small packets. This method is very simple and efficient. Packets that are lost is possible, but the user can use some error-correcting techniques to retrieve the data, may be interpolated over the missing data, or suffer a dropout.
The RTMP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) was developed for streaming media over networks. The Transmission Control Protocol guarantees delivery for every packet in the media stream. It does this through a series of timeouts and fetches, but that makes them more complex to implement. This means that if there is data lost over the network, the protocol handler stalls the media stream to detect the loss and transfer the missing data. The IP multicast only send a copy of the media stream over the network connection en route between any two network routers. This is very efficient, but is more difficult to implement. The main disadvantage here is that most routers on the Internet do not support IP multicast and block many firewalls. So this method is suitable for large companies that support their own private networks.
Start your 15-day free trial
Access to all functions. No commitment or credit card required.
- What is a good third language to learn
- How many edges does a cone have
- How dangerous is second-hand smoke
- How can I get a Chinese girlfriend
- Why do Liberals want gun legislation
- Machine learning is an applied research field
- How old do giant tortoises get
- Why do students need help with homework
- What is social proof
- Who is a promoter
- What is in x
- What is Matthew 7 1 4 12
- What are two criteria of historical importance
- How does proprietary trading between banks work
- What is water hygiene
- Why are the health prices so high
- What increases a cryptocurrency value
- The downfall of the United States is inevitable
- Are the Philippines a predominantly Christian country?
- What other childish things are you doing
- Why am I not smart
- Why is chess unpopular with women
- What is the worst health insurance
- How can I help you lose weight